According To Sears : ESPN-HD On VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott said:
I was looking on the Sears website and found this promo about VOOM.
It says ESPN-HD will be on VOOM as a premium channel. I certainly
hope this is true. We heard before that ESPN will not be on VOOM.
Let's hope it is correct, and not a mistake by Sears. See this :

www.sears.com/sr/framework/home.jsp?targetPage=/splash/voom_splash.jsp&vertical=SEARS&adCell=P4&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
I called the 800 number!
Actually talked to a live person. He said that I will basically need to wait until the 10/15 date to truly get more info online & at a local Sears store.
He confirmed the $749 price for: OTA antenna, receiver ("with THE LATEST technology"), DBS dish, installation.
Interesting that they are INCLUDING an OTA antenna! I asked whether they would discount my already having one, and he stated that he believes NOT.
Well I guess I will have to wait until 10/15.

Robert :)

And Sears is going to have an Apex 43" HD projection tv on sale next week for $800 (normally sells for $1,000). that means you could get this tv and the Voom satellite system with installation and OTA antenna for $1,549 in which is only $50 more than Dish's HD deal for their HDTV and HD satellite setup.

Apex? Thats like saying you are going to buy a Funai.... :p

James said:
Apex? Thats like saying you are going to buy a Funai.... :p

I have an Apex DVD in my entertainment center that I bought about 3 years ago (just missed getting one with the secret menu ;) ), it has ben a good unit and has 2 sets of A/V jacks, S-Video and component Video, the newer ones only have a single set of outputs and no component Video. My 14 year old daughter has both an Apex DVD player and a 13" tv in her room and both so far have done well for a cheap DVD player and tv. Haveing said the above, Apex is good for inexpensive DVD players and tv's but I am not sure that I would trust one for my primary tv or not. :shrug:

rat?

I am beginning to smell a cablevision rat..yes rainbow,voom=cablevision..I need this very bad since i am loosing all my HDTV because of wher i am located and DISH moving from the 61.5 spot..BUT i feel they (cablevision,Voom are starting to stall on their carrige of HDTV like they do with some channels on cable..MSG in the past and YES the last 2 years..HELL what was this launched for??How will they get people to sign up unless it offers LOADS of HDTV and not just their own versions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)