According to the Boston Globe, 2 former batboys to sue...

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
..the Boston Red Sox for sexual abuse by former clubhouse manager Donald Firzpatrick.

WOW... ! Sports by Brooks had stated another sexual abuse scandal linked to a major sports franchise would come out this week in one of their tweets last week.

And why go after the current Ownership? They had nothing to do with it. If they pay them it opens them up to a whole bunch of lawsuits going back years. I feel bad for them but it's not fair to ask for money from someone that had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
televisionarchives said:
And why go after the current Ownership? They had nothing to do with it. If they pay them it opens them up to a whole bunch of lawsuits going back years. I feel bad for them but it's not fair to ask for money from someone that had nothing to do with it.

That's not the way things work. When you buy a business/company, you buy all it's assets and LIABILITIES.

So the only people to go after when saying the team is at fault are the current owners of the Red Sox; unless the Batboys are claiming that the old owners knew about it or were in some way personally negligent or complicit in the abuse. If that was the case, then they could be sued personally in addition to the team being sued.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That's not the way things work. When you buy a business/company, you buy all it's assets and LIABILITIES.

So the only people to go after when saying the team is at fault are the current owners of the Red Sox; unless the Batboys are claiming that the old owners knew about it or were in some way personally negligent or complicit in the abuse. If that was the case, then they could be sued personally in addition to the team being sued.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm skeptical . To me it looks like a money grab. One of them said he fathered five children with five women and has faced legal action over child support issues and blamed it on the abuse by Firzpatrick. Say what?