Account shows leased instead of owned

lkbenson1

Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Colorful Colorado
Yesterday I called Dish to activate a new 211K. After it was authorized I looked at my account online and the new 211K shows as leased instead of owned. I own the receiver and have the receipt to prove it.
I carry the Dish Protection Plan for $6.00 a month because the VIP622 that I do lease has gone belly up numerous times in the years that I have had it. My question is as follows: If Dish lists one of my two 211K's as leased would it be covered under the protection plan? If it is would I be better off leaving it as such or would I be better off contacting Dish and have the error corrected?
I realize that if I ever cancelled Dish I would have to return a receiver that I own but a used 211K is only worth around $75 or less.
Anyone have an opinion?
Thanks

There have been many posts like yours. It seems that Dish has a habit of claiming owned receivers as being leased receivers. If you contact one of the DIRT members here they will fix your problem.

Thanks Speedy but I called Dish about 1/2 hr ago and straightened it out, I hope. I wasn't aware that the protection plan would cover owned equipment.
Thanks, lkbenson1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts