Accutrac 22 Pro Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mluntz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Millersville, Md.
Yesterday I installed my Slimline dish. I tried to follow the setup instructions for the 110 and 119 sats, (RHCP,etc.)

The Accutrac instructions are very vague, and all they say is that there are many sats and you need to know which sat you are looking at.

Is there any way to set this thing to look at a specific sat, and how do you set the thing for right hand circular polarity (RHCP)?

I ended up using the reciever to coarse align the dish. I have decent signal, but I still have to fine tune. Am I missing something or what?

Also I can appreciate the fact that the multiswitch is self contained in this dish obviously for protection from the elements, etc., but in oder to run the jumper cable for the sat meter, you have to use one of the LNB connectors, which means that only three are available for hookup, instead of four.

I really don't think it's a good idea to have to remove the LNB assembly to re-align the dish or to remove the jumper cable.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yesterday I installed my Slimline dish. I tried to follow the setup instructions for the 110 and 119 sats, (RHCP,etc.)

The Accutrac instructions are very vague, and all they say is that there are many sats and you need to know which sat you are looking at.

Is there any way to set this thing to look at a specific sat, and how do you set the thing for right hand circular polarity (RHCP)?

I ended up using the reciever to coarse align the dish. I have decent signal, but I still have to fine tune. Am I missing something or what?

Also I can appreciate the fact that the multiswitch is self contained in this dish obviously for protection from the elements, etc., but in oder to run the jumper cable for the sat meter, you have to use one of the LNB connectors, which means that only three are available for hookup, instead of four.

I really don't think it's a good idea to have to remove the LNB assembly to re-align the dish or to remove the jumper cable.

Thanks in advance for the help!
If your installing the slimline it comes with a 3' jumper for connecting a meter and then making the permanent connection. The Accutrac 22 can be connected to a receiver so you can use it in line with the other three lines. You run 4 lines out of the dish before you align the dish.:)

I don't have my Accutrac 22 handy, but let's see if I remember how to do this.

To change your polarity (actually, it's voltage), press and release the OFF button. This will bring up a menu that will allow you to choose your voltage (13/18 VDC) or your control frequency (22kHz). You will need to activate the 22kHz function to see the 110/119 sats.

No, there is no way to tell exactly which sat you're one using this meter. The easiest way to know you're on the right one is to set the meter to 13 VDC no tone. Point your dish way east of where it should be, and slowly swing it to the west. The 101 sat should be the first big peak in signal strength you see on the meter (Assuming your presets are close and your mast is plumb).

I don't have my Accutrac 22 handy, but let's see if I remember how to do this.

To change your polarity (actually, it's voltage), press and release the OFF button. This will bring up a menu that will allow you to choose your voltage (13/18 VDC) or your control frequency (22kHz). You will need to activate the 22kHz function to see the 110/119 sats.

No, there is no way to tell exactly which sat you're one using this meter. The easiest way to know you're on the right one is to set the meter to 13 VDC no tone. Point your dish way east of where it should be, and slowly swing it to the west. The 101 sat should be the first big peak in signal strength you see on the meter (Assuming your presets are close and your mast is plumb).
Then check the OSD of your receiver to confirm you are on 101. Use the receiver in combination with your meter. To set skew you can set the on screen meter to 119 and then peak the signal on the meter then change back to 101 and adjust the azimuth.:) You should have an installation sheet with the Slimline follow it and fill in the blanks. You only need 1 line connected to the Accutrac 22 if you use the receiver to select satellite and voltage. Connecting the Accutrac to the receiver also powers the meter so you can take your time to do it right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)