Acquiring Guide Data on New HR24-200 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is definitely a swm lnb, its a very old one, one of the originals before they went to green labels. Should work fine though, but you will need a power inserter, I don't know of anywhere you could pick one up locally.... may check craigslist.

They are around $10 on amazon. You need the 21 volt model.
Amazon product ASIN B001YHBYXA
If the setup was working before I would follow the entire length of the cable just to make sure one isn't installed already but unplugged.

You can use a 29 volt model with a swm lnb, too.

Hmmm. I will try with the swm inverter if my brother let's me borrow his. It definitely does not have one now. If it did it would have picked it up when I went through the set up right? The setup said it was not swm. Or was that only because there was not a swm inverter???

On another note, I think all the other settings are off as well. Is there anyone here that's interested in jumping on the phone with me? I just feel this is a daunting task here. I randomly went to the satellite signal readings and all zeros came up. I moved one up and got some numbers to Pop up.

Just connect the power inserter in line between the dish and the HR24, making sure the line from the dish connects to the input on the power inserter marked "power to swm" and the line to the HR24 is marked "signal to ird".

Not working. I connected the inverter. Powered it up. Went to satellite dish setup. Picked slimline 3, swm, single tuner. It says it cannot detect swim and will not even let me continue.

Not working. I connected the inverter. Powered it up. Went to satellite dish setup. Picked slimline 3, swm, single tuner. It says it cannot detect swim and will not even let me continue.
you have the cable connected to satellite in 1 correct? Make sure you don't have a b-band converter connected.

If still nothing, you have a bad connection or bad lnb.

I had it in satellite 2 just because I had the line I satellite 2 with my old box. I just switched it to satellite 1 and reset. Hopefully it will work.

I had it in satellite 2 just because I had the line I satellite 2 with my old box. I just switched it to satellite 1 and reset. Hopefully it will work.
with swm it will only work with satellite in 1. If your look closely next to sat 1 it should say(swm-2) basically meaning it will take 2 tuners from the swm.

Something different happened. Went to check swim and received the following message. Errors found on both tuners. 99 degree came out with two x's. 101 had two checks and 103 had one x and one check mark. Long story short. My tv is working now!!!!!! Just have to watch this game and hustle the power thing back to my brother so my nephews can watch walking dead by 7:00. Thanks a lot guys. Should I upgrade anything considering those "x's"?

Something different happened. Went to check swim and received the following message. Errors found on both tuners. 99 degree came out with two x's. 101 had two checks and 103 had one x and one check mark. Long story short. My tv is working now!!!!!! Just have to watch this game and hustle the power thing back to my brother so my nephews can watch walking dead by 7:00. Thanks a lot guys. Should I upgrade anything considering those "x's"?
those X's usually indicate poor signal or no signal from a certain sat, your dish may not be pointed really well, tree blocking signal etc. you could check your signal strength, should be in 80 or 90s

I would adjust your dish some ...
Look at the Sat Signal Strength screen, you should have good signals on the 99, 101 and 103 Sats, The 99s and 103s are for spot beams (local channels) and you probably won't have signal on many of them, thats OK, the 99a,b and 103a and b should hopefully be in the 90's.

I have a similar situation with a different problem. I have a H24-200 that I took out of the house and put in my Motorhome. The motorhome had previously had a h24-199 installed that worked fine. The new H24-200 installed perfectly and configured nicely and loaded the guide. The programming is good and the guide is fully populated. Now 3 days later, I'm getting a message that tells me the receiver hasn't loaded guide info and to call support. The old H24-100 never did this. How do I correct this?
Ron

Check your signal strengths. I'm guessing your numbers are low.

Ran signal strength , the lowest were in the high 70s higest in the low 90s. I ran a system test and got 3 fails and codes 43-45-76-566. The motorhome has a automatic seeking antenna under a dome that needs to be set at 18" round in the receiver set-up. The receiver sent a different message that called for resetting the receiver which I did and the log loaded properly. I'm getting a full list of channels available so the message is just an annoyance to be addressed. If there is a way to get it to load the guide properly then I'd like to do it, otherwise I'll just keep resttting it manually. Thanks for the help!!
Ron

When signal strengths drops too low you will get errors like this.

Chip,
Now we're under a tree in a campground so it'll be a while before we can go further with the issue. I'll check back in on this when i get to a clear area.
Ron

Chip, Thanks for the point to the error code list.
Jimbo,
I have a KVH l2 antenna. It automatically seeks sat 101 and locks on it. When we stop we turn the dish on and, wait till it finds the sat watching the signal strength meter fron the H24. When it reads its highest we turn the antenna off and it stays there till we move again. It isn't an in-motion unit. It was really unreliable when we first got it back in 04 but a tech from KVH fixed it at a rally we attended. Seems its program can be adjusted thru a computer attached to its serial port. The unit is now 11 years old and still running. We're generally very satisfied with it.
OBTW we are now in a camp in the Sacramento area and the program guide loaded and all is hunky dory. My next question is, we are now out of the "local" LA area but are still getting the LA local channels. How long will it do this? When we go east will it still give us the LA locals?

Chip, Thanks for the point to the error code list.
Jimbo,
I have a KVH l2 antenna. It automatically seeks sat 101 and locks on it. When we stop we turn the dish on and, wait till it finds the sat watching the signal strength meter fron the H24. When it reads its highest we turn the antenna off and it stays there till we move again. It isn't an in-motion unit. It was really unreliable when we first got it back in 04 but a tech from KVH fixed it at a rally we attended. Seems its program can be adjusted thru a computer attached to its serial port. The unit is now 11 years old and still running. We're generally very satisfied with it.
OBTW we are now in a camp in the Sacramento area and the program guide loaded and all is hunky dory. My next question is, we are now out of the "local" LA area but are still getting the LA local channels. How long will it do this? When we go east will it still give us the LA locals?
It sounds like you have the RV package ... this allows you the LA/NY locals for moving around the country, if thats the case, you will continue to have the LA thruout the country. LA and NY are considered Conus, they are available thruout the Continental US.

I am looking at a Motor home that have a unit like this on it already, however it only does SD for D*, I really wish there was a Upgrade kit for these to make them HD capatable or a different unit that didn't cost $1500.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)