Actiontec MWTV 200 kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lovemybadkitty

Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Harris county TX
Hi everyone! New to all of this and from this site I found my system was set up wrong! Thanks for the info. Now to my problem,I have a H24 DVR STB. I tried hooking a actiontec wireless hdmi system to the dvr and through my home theater receiver which is a onkyo tx-sr876. With the H24 hooked directly to the receiver with hdmi everything is fine but with the actiontec set up remote set works fine but I lose my surround audio. Actiontec is blaming the onkyo for the problem? Does that sound right? I know it has to do with dhcp but is it the onkyo or the H24 that is having the issues? MWTV200kit claims to support dhcp 2.0 is that backwards compatible? If anyone has a better solution on how to get pic. to other rooms without extra stbs I'm all ears. Thanks again for the information I have already learned from this site.:D

The actiontec is indeed only 2 channel stereo and will not pass 5.1. It has nothing to do with DHCP (I think you mean HDCP), your HR24 or your AVR. It's just a limitation of the actiontec. There are other more expensive wireless and wired (Moca/HDMI/enet) that do pass 5.1. If I were you, I'd either live with it, pull some new cables and get an HDMI splitter, or pony up and get another DirecTV receiver for $6/month.

Is there a specific hdmi splitter I should use? Want to insure I retain my surround on main tv. I have 4 rooms with tvs in them but rarely use some. so 1X4 splitter choices would do.

seems like splitters and wireless hdmi devices downgrade both audio and video signals to the lowest in the connection chain. Since I don't use surround in all rooms the audio drops to the lowest compatible signal 2 channel stereo. 1080p or I drops to the lowest resolution in the connections. Is that basically correct? Not worried about the video as all monitors are 1080p. Just trying to keep my surround in one room while splitting to other rooms without surround.

If you only want surround in one room, then you can simply use component video and optical audio in the main room and keep HDMI to your actiontec. It's 1080i, but it doesn't matter since it gets deinterlaced to 1080p by your display anyway. That's exactly what I do, and it works beautifully.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

self-install new customer

Slimline-3S(SWM) RV setup issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)