Status
Please reply by conversation.

mski

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 20, 2004
Phase III dish
Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch
locals 72.5 on separate dish

I have an R10 right now and have signed up for the R15. I will use both the R10 and R15. My problem is the fall season is fast approaching and I will run into recording conflicts without another DVR, hence the R15. I believe the R15 won't be released until October sometime. Too late to help me with my issues. I have 2 DSR6000's sitting in a box in a closet. Can I call and activate one until the R15 is released then desub it? Will D* do this since its old equipment? It also has Xtremed ver 2.52 software on it I believe. Do I need to upgrade this to 3.1? If mentioning the xtremed software is a problem I'm sorry in advance. Thanks.

mksi

hiker

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 26, 2005
SF Bay Area
There should not be a problem as long as you have current type access card. I have 5 DSR6000's active, 2 with 3.1 and 3 with 2.5.2.

mski

May 20, 2004
I don't have a current card so they will send me one for $20?

Spin

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2004
State of Confusion
Since your locals are on 72.5 you do know that the DSR6000 boxes will not be able to receive your locals. Just a warning.

EDIT

Wow two posts of the same thing by 2 people at the same time. Impressive.

mski

May 20, 2004
I thought there was going to be an issue with the locals on 72.5. That basically just shot down my plan. Guess I'll just have to wait until the R15 comes out or get another R10. I really want to try out this new DVR too. I guess I'll just wait.... thanks.

mski

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)