Activation

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi,

New to this side of the board. I'm wondering, do you still need to have a SSN to activate DirecTV or can you just buy your own equipment online from a place like Solid Signal (receiver and sat) install yourself and activate it via phone?

Thanks,

J

No, but they will charge you like $300 which is the same as not passing a credit check.

Honestly why would you want to deal with solid signal, unless you live in Canada or a place where you legally can’t subscribe.

I would call 800-directv and order from them or call your local retailer. Give them your name and make up a SSN if they insist on getting it from you.

The credit check will fail, and they will charge you a fee of up to $300.

Still better then paying MSRP through solid signal and still paying a $300 fee and still having leased equipment on your account

No, but they will charge you like $300 which is the same as not passing a credit check.

Honestly why would you want to deal with solid signal, unless you live in Canada or a place where you legally can’t subscribe.

I didn’t think SS would deal with Canadians? According to their website they won’t ship to Canada. I see a fair amount of Canadians in my local retailer picking up DirecTV equipment here in N.D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)