Active cooling for better noise figure

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think your 'jest' is to simulate the performance of a larger dish - -
Cooling your LNBF's could probably improve performance by improving NF and stability, especially if thermally regulated. But to a degree of simulating a much larger dish?? I don't think so.
One thing's for sure, black is not a good color to place outdoor electronics in.

Almost all specifications intended for the consumer are nothing but advertising hooey*.
*silly or worthless talk, writing, ideas, etc.; nonsense; bunk: That's a lot of hooey and you know it!

• LNBF with stability and performance based on a balance of gain, amplification with minimal noise
You are correct... Black plastic (either cases or enclosures) do not improve LNB(f) performance. Black absorbs heat and does not promote cooling of the electronics.

I ordered one of your white PLL LNBFs last night and will stick with them from now on. I didn't want a universal LNBF I was just lured in by low noise figure. My point of posing the question of cooling an LNBF was not to keep from getting a bigger dish but to improve the performance of a horrible LNBF like the last one I bought. The microHD managed to pull in a few more channels with it than the Viewsat Xtreme but the avenger PLL would have worked a lot better.

The performance of the SL1PLL is very close to the PLL321S-2, but the main advantages are the ability to use the SL1PLL with 22khz switches, a flat response and gain across the band and the specs are accurate... :cool:

We want people to buy our product based on performance not marketing BS. Hobbyist know the difference and I am a hobbyist!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts