Actuator arm on 1.2m dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If anyone knows where I could find the black plastic feed leg suppot holder located at the bottom of the Channel Master 1.8m dish I would really appreciate it. I already have the feed support legs that I had bought from Satellite Vision, but this little plastic piece did not come with them.

I haven't gotten the 1.8m up and running yet, but hope to within the next week or two. Iceberg said his 1.8m performs very well, so I expect to get good results.

Thank you gabshere, I will call Dow Electronics.

Popcorn, please let us know if and where you find it. I have a line on a couple CM 1.8 reflectors, and will follow up if the hardware is available :)

Popcorn, please let us know if and where you find it. I have a line on a couple CM 1.8 reflectors, and will follow up if the hardware is available :)

Just get the reflectors, we'll figure out a mount. :D :up

I have a pile of steel over here, a welder willing to weld for me, and a porta-band. I'll figure out something. :cool:

Anyone know where I can get a mount to do something like popcornnmore is doing. Already have the dish and a sg2100, but I am having a hard time finding a place that will just sell the mount. Anyone?
I think the stock mount is too heavy to use on an SG-2100.
Have you read the Primestar+2100 thread?
First rule seemed to be: take off the mount and make your own.
I'd be ecstatic with a mountless dish!
Less to throw away. :cool:

Anole, thats great thread I went thru and read up on it. I especially liked the guy who took parts from his origonal az/el cap mount and took parts from a driectv to make a mount. The finish product came out very clean. I have all of those parts sitting in my basement I think I may try this!

Thanks
Robert

I think the stock mount is too heavy to use on an SG-2100.
Have you read the Primestar+2100 thread?
First rule seemed to be: take off the mount and make your own.
I'd be ecstatic with a mountless dish!
Less to throw away. :cool:

Anole, thats great thread ...
I have all of those parts sitting in my basement ...
Thanks
Well, that's why we're all here, brother!
To share good ideas, or think up new ones.
Just remember: we want pictures! :cool:

Oh, and if anyone has a spare "CM 1.8 reflector" laying around, save it for me.
Just get the reflectors, we'll figure out a mount. :D :up
Damned right! :rolleyes:

My friend does work for the paging industry, and that is where my cm 1.2m came from. I'm probably gonna get lynched for this story, but I got a brand new reflector with all parts, polor mount, and rohn 25g stand off leg free. Parts were bought for an expected build out and then the provider decided against the job and pulled out of the whole area leaving everything for trash. I can ask him when I see him about getting more parts problem is I am up in Maine....

Anyways I will post some pics of the finished product.

You know guys I drive by the muzak (spelling) guy a few times a week. It looks like he has a nice stash of dishes varying in size on the side oh his house. I'm willing to pick this stuff up because I come across enough of it, but I pass on a lot of it because I would just get way too cluttered. I would be willing to pick the stuff up and give it away if who ever wants it pays shipping.

Thanks
Robert

Where could I order via internet a motorized mount for a 1.8M channelmaster dish? I have one setup to a single position but would like to get it moving.
Thanks

Did you check on the sponsors , top of page? I think Sadoun and GoSatellite both sell motors-I was looking at some today and remember seeing a motor that said it was for bigger dishes. A "Stab" brand I think, which is supposed to be top of the line motor.

The stab motors top out at 37 lbs. How much weight is the reflector again?

You'd be better off with a actuator and V-box (if you need a non 36v receiver to move it). Even if you get the weight down to 37 or less, the HH120 is pretty slow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.