actuator size

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodo2222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
chicago, il.
hi, guys i need your help again, i just get a 10' unimesh , came with an actuator for $ 50.00, but i dont know if the actuator works, this is my first big dish and i am planning to move to mexico at the end of the year, my question is how can i check if this work, is an acme brand, it can hold 500lb,that is what the info label says. note i can install my dish here so i got to check in the garage, and if this don't work what size actuator can i buy. the dish got 4 pannels of aluminun mesh they are very light, the heavy part is the mount ring, is maybe 50lb.as always thanks in advance for your help.

If it still has wire attached the two larger ones are for the motor.
If you look under the cover you will see it labeled with two terminals is for the motor.
You can hook up there to any 12-36V DC power source that can supply a few amps.
Hook it up one way and the arm should retract, reverse your wires and it will extend, if it is ok.

If it still has wire attached the two larger ones are for the motor.
If you look under the cover you will see it labeled with two terminals is for the motor.
You can hook up there to any 12-36V DC power source that can supply a few amps.
Hook it up one way and the arm should retract, reverse your wires and it will extend, if it is ok.
thanks ke4est i really appreciate for your info, i will try to do this weekend, again thanks god bless you.

Reactions: KE4EST
Actually you can run it off a 12v car battery just to see if it works. Just make sure you don't run it in too far and break something. :oldwink

Kinda fond of the Von Weise movers myself but they can be kinda pricey new. My second choice is a Super Jack and I've found that with my dishes, anything over a 24" is a waste of money as the physical limits of the mount can't use any more than that.

Reactions: rodo2222
I like 36" super jack actuators

36" actuator for a 10' dish is way overkill. I had an 11' fiberglass dish once that needed a 36" actuator, but a 24" is typically more than enough for the normal 10 footer. I'm quite impressed with the Venture 24" Ball-screw actuator. It'll cost about $250, but I've NEVER seen one go bad, even after 30 years. If you buy one and then ever get rid of the dish, KEEP the actuator! http://www.venturemfgco.com/maxi-ball-screw-actuator.html

Reactions: rodo2222
thanks truckracer,lone gunman,primestar 31,biggt,cosmo blast, titanium, thanks a lot guys for your suggestions and info, i am going to see if this works this weekend and if not i will have to buy a new one. god bless you all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)