Actuator's sensor replacement/fix

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I recently got a new actuator and the I hooked it up the same way as the old one. I know that my receiver works and the wires all have good connections.

When I try to move my dish, the dish will move very slightly and then stop and i get an error *2 message.

I think the sensor in the actuator that talks to the receiver is bad, Is their any way to replace this part in the actuator? Or might i have a different problem?

master reset?

i4tas said:
I recently got a new actuator and the I hooked it up the same way as the old one. I know that my receiver works and the wires all have good connections.
When I try to move my dish, the dish will move very slightly and then stop and i get an error *2 message.
I think the sensor in the actuator that talks to the receiver is bad, Is their any way to replace this part in the actuator? Or might i have a different problem?

You may have to do a master reset since the receiver knows about the Limits of your old positioner and it's pulse signals. It may be getting info that is confusing it into thinking it is getting a limit signal

I think I am heading in the same direction!! <have no clue as to what error 2 is.....what receiver are you using?
Jeff

was hoping

dfergie said:
Sounds like the reed switch is bad...

Hoped that it would not come to that! Pain # 2= replacing the reed sw. little parts in the cold air!
jeff

i4tas said:

Does it move the correct direction , or backwards ? Changeing / reversing the power wires reverses the motor .

Best of luck ,

Wyr

Yes It will move both ways. As i move it one way it will move for 2 seconds then just stop (like for some precaution measure). currently i just tap the button several times untill i have this dish where i want it.

i4tas said:
Yes It will move both ways. As i move it one way it will move for 2 seconds then just stop (like for some precaution measure). currently i just tap the button several times untill i have this dish where i want it.

I had a similar problem and mine was the pulse wire came loose. Fixed the wire and it turns fine. It would turn for about 2 seconds and stop. It was a pain to move that way.

All my wires are in good connection. Could it be a wire inside the actuator (besides where is connects).

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a reed switch that works with VonWise?

Have you (just for kicks) checked the voltage present at the receiver....you might want to start at the receiver end and if that checks well...then move outside...A little VOM would be fine!

A google search will probably turn up several reed switch for c band HITS for you.

regards
jeff

i4tas said:
All my wires are in good connection. Could it be a wire inside the actuator (besides where is connects).
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a reed switch that works with VonWise?

I read somewhere where someone used a epoxie , magnet and magnetic switch from Radio Shack ?

Wyr

i checked everything and opened it up

I opened the entire actuator up took out the 'reed switch' and measureed the resistance of it, when a magnet was by it the circuted was close and current traveled, and when i removed it the circut was open. SO this sounds like the reed switch works! right?

i also check all other wires leading to the actuator = GOOD.

SO this error *2 i get when moving the BUD might be some other problem,
Is there any secret code/way of setting up the old 4DTV(digicipher II) box to control the actiator?

Currently i am able to just move the Dish a click at a time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts