Acutrac 22 Pro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlhflex

Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
I have a question for whoever can answer it. I just swithed from installing core cable for the last 4 years to satellite. I bought an Acutrac Pro until I can get my hands on a bird dog. Can I use the Acutrac to site a Ka/Ku Dish?? If so how??

if you watch the installation video, thats what the Directv techs use to install it...watch the video...

Birdog is your friend....

jlhflex said:
I have a question for whoever can answer it. I just swithed from installing core cable for the last 4 years to satellite. I bought an Acutrac Pro until I can get my hands on a bird dog. Can I use the Acutrac to site a Ka/Ku Dish?? If so how??

Yup you sure can. I love my Acutrac meter. It's great for checking voltage when you don't have a multimeter on hand.

I just bought the Acutrac 22 as well, What I found out with some research, is the right circular polarity is automatic, 13volts gets the odd transponder (if you don’t have the Pro, changing channels on the receiver switches between 18 & 13 V as well). The 22Khtz switches between the 101 & 119, the 119 need the 22khtz. The video at solid signal is good, but sounds like there referring to the birddog and not the acutrac 22, but both will work.

I have a birdog but my Acutrac is one of my most used tools when I do a D* or E* installation. It is great for finding wires and making sure the receivers are working correctly. You can actually hook it up to a receiver and when you test odd and even transponders you can see it change from 13v to 18v.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

h20 filmare update?

Combination Lease/Equipment Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)