ADAM 12 special guest

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Ha Ha! I had to laugh so very hard when I saw this today on RTV!

Foster Brooks was one of the subjects on Adam 12 today. He is so funny! :)

Do you all remember Foster Brooks?

He was playing a Matador out in the street with his jacket and the cars driving by. Drunk as usual.

RADAR

Last edited:
I think he may have made multiple appearances over the years if I remember correctly. Hal Smith that played Otis on the Andy Griffith Show was a guest also. I think he was drunk driving in a Corvair. Type casting?

If you watch closely many of the same actors play different characters over time. The same actors appear on Dragnet and Emergency. Virginia Gregg was in dozens of them. Maybe friends of Jack Webb or under a contract with Universal.

I remember Foster Brooks most from Dean Martin's roasts of the celebrities. Those were hilarious shows! I see them advertised on discs now on some channels late at night. One of the only infomercials or sales shows that I would actually stick around to watch the clips.

I think that many times these actors just happen to be in the studio when they are filming an episode and they write them in on the fly. Sort of an impromptu appearance just for fun (when it is a short piece). If I were an actor/producer/director of film, either TV or movies, I think that this would be a load of fun.

Anyhow, Foster Brooks was always one of my favorite "novelty" actors. He was just so good and so funny.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)