adaptor to downconvert 480p to 480i?

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
I just got a DVR/DVD burner from phillips (HDRW720) which has component video input. I want to use it to record shows from my expressvu 6100 (the same as dish 811) using its component video output. Because the lowest resolution I can go with the 6100 reciever is 480p the pic shown on my DVR is quite bad (the pic gets really dark and showing as a couple of images). Is there a way to downconvert it to 480i? Maybe some adaptor that can do that? I just want to be able to record it on widescreen mode. If I connect from the composite or Svideo outputs or my 6100 it only shows the 4:3 picture, cutting the sides.

Thanks!

You don't need any adaptor.

Just use the S-Video output. Push the "Page Down" button to convert the SD outputs to 4:3 full screen ("full zoom") when recording HD content and you won't have any letter-boxing or window-boxing.

But keep in mind that a lot of SD content these days is letter-boxed anyway.

I did use the s-video and i think I did try setting up to 4:3 full screen but it still didn't work.

I'll double check when i get home.

thanks anyway!

JohnDoe#2 said:
You don't need any adaptor.

Just use the S-Video output. Push the "Page Down" button to convert the SD outputs to 4:3 full screen ("full zoom") when recording HD content and you won't have any letter-boxing or window-boxing.

But keep in mind that a lot of SD content these days is letter-boxed anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)