Add a receiver

stevet96

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
I'm an existing Dish Network customer and have been with them for 1 year. I have another 6 mos under contract. I have the DVRAdvantage 200 with HD essentials. My first and only receiver is a VIP722. I am looking to add a second receiver. I called Dish and they can get me a SD receiver for $50 installed ($5 /mo lease) or HD receiver for $100 installed ($7 /mo lease). Is there a way to get them to waive the fee and just ship the box, maybe just pay for shipping? I also have the option to have a dvr on the second box. Since I have the DvrAdvantage plan, will I be charged a dvr fee on the second box or just the lease fee?

Thanks!

When I wanted another HD DVR from E* all I did was call them. I currently had only a 622,and I wanted a 612. They were asking $75 , I said can you do any better, They said hold on ,few seconds later it was down to $45. I said thats great I've tried and tried to get an HD dvr out of D* for years for for $99. Let alone $45 and I couldn't . They said hold on a minute. They came back and said we'll upgrade you a 612 for free or a 722 for $45 including shipping if you sign up auto pay for the rest of your commitment. I said Done Deal! You never know what might happen!
I've fought and fought to get any good deal out of D* as a current customer of five years,and got no where. I was a customer of E* for 8 months and got a free HD DVR. Total invested with E* for 2 HD rooms and 1 SD room $49 . Total invested with D* with one HD dvr,1 SD dvr and 1 SD receiver $347. Thats just last year alone. Needless to say ,I kicked D* to the curb! Paying D* $175 to get out of my contract was worth every penny in the long run.

I tried but I signed up for the Auto pay to get my 612 for free ,so they wouldn't let me, Because I was already signed up for auto pay. I would love to get it!

I'm an existing Dish Network customer and have been with them for 1 year. I have another 6 mos under contract. I have the DVRAdvantage 200 with HD essentials. My first and only receiver is a VIP722. I am looking to add a second receiver. I called Dish and they can get me a SD receiver for $50 installed ($5 /mo lease) or HD receiver for $100 installed ($7 /mo lease). Is there a way to get them to waive the fee and just ship the box, maybe just pay for shipping? I also have the option to have a dvr on the second box. Since I have the DvrAdvantage plan, will I be charged a dvr fee on the second box or just the lease fee?

Thanks!

are you up for doing the wiring and making it all work?

It technically is already setup. Dish just took the existing cabling for Cable and disconnected that and connected to the Dish. So I just need the receiver. I already have the cable run