Add Hopper Duo to Hopper 3 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccondos

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Tucson, az
I currently have a Hopper 3 with three Joeys, with a 1000.2 antenna and a hybrid solo node and a splitter for two of the Joeys. I want to be able to move a hopper and one Joey to my RV when we travel, and prefer not to mess with the Hopper3. Can I purchase a Hopper Duo and replace one of the 3 Joeys while at home, and move it to the RV when traveling? What if any changes to the network?

I currently have a Hopper 3 with three Joeys, with a 1000.2 antenna and a hybrid solo node and a splitter for two of the Joeys. I want to be able to move a hopper and one Joey to my RV when we travel, and prefer not to mess with the Hopper3. Can I purchase a Hopper Duo and replace one of the 3 Joeys while at home, and move it to the RV when traveling? What if any changes to the network?

No, Hopper Duo's are not allowed on the same account with a Hopper 3. The only other receivers allowed would be a purchased Hopper 3 and/or up to 2 purchased 211's or Wally's. You could add a Wally and an external hard drive and take that with you.

If you decide to add either another Hopper 3 or a Wally then changes would have to be made with your wiring including changing your LNB and adding a switch among other things.

I guess you're referring to a DPH42 switch. If I did that, would the second Hopper or Wally be able to see the primary Hopper and its recordings across the switch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts