Add Hopper Duo to Hopper 3 install

ccondos

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Tucson, az
I currently have a Hopper 3 with three Joeys, with a 1000.2 antenna and a hybrid solo node and a splitter for two of the Joeys. I want to be able to move a hopper and one Joey to my RV when we travel, and prefer not to mess with the Hopper3. Can I purchase a Hopper Duo and replace one of the 3 Joeys while at home, and move it to the RV when traveling? What if any changes to the network?

I currently have a Hopper 3 with three Joeys, with a 1000.2 antenna and a hybrid solo node and a splitter for two of the Joeys. I want to be able to move a hopper and one Joey to my RV when we travel, and prefer not to mess with the Hopper3. Can I purchase a Hopper Duo and replace one of the 3 Joeys while at home, and move it to the RV when traveling? What if any changes to the network?

No, Hopper Duo's are not allowed on the same account with a Hopper 3. The only other receivers allowed would be a purchased Hopper 3 and/or up to 2 purchased 211's or Wally's. You could add a Wally and an external hard drive and take that with you.

If you decide to add either another Hopper 3 or a Wally then changes would have to be made with your wiring including changing your LNB and adding a switch among other things.

I guess you're referring to a DPH42 switch. If I did that, would the second Hopper or Wally be able to see the primary Hopper and its recordings across the switch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)