Add older receiver to current Directv sub?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DallasBill

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Plano, Texas, United States
I have a couple older receivers that I was going to give to the inlaws that has Directv to use for additional TV sets. They are the Sat B50 models,will they work or do they have to purchase newer models,if so they're looking for used non-DVR units that might do HD.

What's the procedure to add on a receiver with Directv,I'm not sure if the folks have a phone line in one of the add on rooms,does that make a difference?

Last edited:
Older HD units will only receive MPEG2 signals and the MPEG2 HD will shortly be transitioning to MPEG4 on the newer satellites. The should work fine for SD, however. Adding a receiver can be done with a phone call to Directv. If coming from another account, they will probably need to purchase a new access card for $20.

Older HD units will only receive MPEG2 signals and the MPEG2 HD will shortly be transitioning to MPEG4 on the newer satellites. The should work fine for SD, however. Adding a receiver can be done with a phone call to Directv. If coming from another account, they will probably need to purchase a new access card for $20.

Thanks Bob:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts