add on reciever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigg t

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
foothills N.C.
My wife found a good deal on an hd reciever. She tried for 2 days to get it activated. Dish turned it on but never would turn on all of the hd. All calls to them she gets told they will but it never happens. Some hd works but not all that should. On one call we were told that since we had been a good customer for so long that we would get free hd for life. I went on chat the first night and was told there that the free hd offer wasn't going to happen. She tried again tonight and even after agreeing to pay for hd it still didn't get fully activated. She got fed up and had the reciever in question dropped off of the account. At the end of the month we're done with dish network

My wife found a good deal on an hd reciever. She tried for 2 days to get it activated. Dish turned it on but never would turn on all of the hd. All calls to them she gets told they will but it never happens. Some hd works but not all that should. On one call we were told that since we had been a good customer for so long that we would get free hd for life. I went on chat the first night and was told there that the free hd offer wasn't going to happen. She tried again tonight and even after agreeing to pay for hd it still didn't get fully activated. She got fed up and had the reciever in question dropped off of the account. At the end of the month we're done with dish network
That is your choice. Did you ever think there might be a problem with the receiver? That might be why it was cheap.

What is your setup? If you don't already have an HD setup you may not have the correct Dish to get all the HD. You need to be able to see all 3 orbital locations to get all the HD channels

I put up the dish myself and it has good signal. She hasn't paid for it yet the guy said try it and if we want it then pay him. All we get when we call back each time is a big runaround. Ive installed c band and motorized ku so thats not a problem.

What type of Dish? Dish 500, Dish 1000.2 Dish 1000.4 Eastern Arc or Western Arc? You need a Dish 1000 series to get HD.

Dish 500 only looks at 110 and 119 orbital locations. The Western Arc Dish 1000 looks at 110,119 and 129 orbital locations. Eastern Arc looks at 61.5, 72 and 77 orbital locations

If you're sure, then PM one of the DIRT members here on the forum and they will get to the bottom of the problem. They are the BEST employees Dish has. Several things it could be, no signal from 129, receiver is bad, smart card not authorizing but DIRT can get to the bottom of it.

Go to main forum page and scroll to bottom and look for members names in RED, those are Dish employees.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php

We've allready had it turned back off since we allready have an sd reciever. No use to keep it on if the hd channels we want don't work. I checked the signal on several of the channels in question and it averaged around 50 for the 129 satellite which seems about right from what Ive read.

We've allready had it turned back off since we allready have an sd reciever. No use to keep it on if the hd channels we want don't work. I checked the signal on several of the channels in question and it averaged around 50 for the 129 satellite which seems about right from what Ive read. I can' see how some of the channels could be programmed and not others if a smartcard problem. Nobody we talked to even tried to help and at least 2 said it hadn't even been turned on.

PM DIRT and they will get it sorted. It is not unusual for a receiver to activate some channels and not the rest. It could need a firmware update, if it has been disconnected for very long and if it is very far out of date it may have to have the firmware pushed to that receiver. Like I said if you really want it to work, then PM DIRT and it will get sorted out.

I put up the dish myself and it has good signal. She hasn't paid for it yet the guy said try it and if we want it then pay him. All we get when we call back each time is a big runaround. Ive installed c band and motorized ku so thats not a problem.
If we want it then pay him?

Last edited:
The bad part was being promised free hd for life then having the offer taken back.

So, if I read your posts correctly, you do NOT have HD activated on your account? It will show as one of two ways. If you're paying for it, it will show as something like "HD 120" or "HD 250" and will be $10/month. If you are given HD Free For Life (which generally requires paperless billing and autopay, and sometimes a 24 month commitment), it will show as "HD 120 Free" and show as $0.00 on the bill.

So...do you have HD activated on the account? If no, you won't be seeing channels in HD, save for a few (locals and some other channels). So, is that the issue? If HD is not activated, you will see very few HD channels.

The more I read, the more I think that is the problem. Check your account, is HD on or off on your account? If it's off, that is EXACTLY why you will only get a few HD channels. In order to get ALL the available HD channels, you either have to pay for it (HD 250) at $10/month, or already have it activated as HD Free For Life (HD 250 Free)

When we couldn;t get the hd turned on we had it turned back off. We have the 200 package. We did have locals and a few others. We don't want another contract is why we were gonna buy the reciever. Even after agreeing to pay for hd they supposedly turned it on but it still didn't work. My wife called then and told them to just turn it off.Where would we have seen it shown ?

When we had the reciever turned on my wife called at least 5 times to have hd added. How hard could it have been to be added on.

Anyone can have HD for life for no cost, so I'm not following that they "took it back." And without looking it up myself, you mention having the 129 satellite, but I'm not sure all the HD channels come from there on the Western Arc. I see other problems, but the real answer here, if you want to get HD, use a DIRT CSR here to get the real answers.

Oh yes I'm just gonna say that I'm sorry for venting here. It's just that we've had a rough weekend trying to get this going .

I know that calling Dish can be a pain, that's for sure. Back before DIRT arrived it was frustrating at times. If you would still like to get the receiver working right and free HD you should contact DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) on this site.

I am also curious as to which sat(s) your current dish is pointed at and also the receiver model number?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts