Addiing Receiver/Renewal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jstexas

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Adding Receiver/Renewal

I am approaching the end of the my two year contract with DirecTV. I am considering making a switch to Uverse but will most likely stay with DirecTV.

I would like to add a second HD DVR receiver but I really think its unreasonable that they charge $200 AND a monthly lease fee for adding a receiver.

My question(s) are, has anyone had luck getting DirecTV to waive the $200 fee for adding a receiver, and what kind of wiggle room do I have on pricing if I were to sign another contract with them? The offers for new customers right now are pretty good - would they be willing to match that for a renewal?

I am looking for stories about anyone's experiences lately. Thanks.

Last edited:
I am approaching the end of the my two year contract with DirecTV. I am considering making a switch to Uverse but will most likely stay with DirecTV.

I would like to add a second HD DVR receiver but I really think its unreasonable that they charge $200 AND a monthly lease fee for adding a receiver.

My question(s) are, has anyone had luck getting DirecTV to waive the $200 fee for adding a receiver, and what kind of wiggle room do I have on pricing if I were to sign another contract with them? The offers for new customers right now are pretty good - would they be willing to match that for a renewal?

I am looking for stories about anyone's experiences lately. Thanks.

You may get them to lower the lease cost to $99, or even waive it entirely, but you will likely have to pay the monthly lease for it. It is possible they will issue you a credit towards it. That depends upon your customer status. Since you already have a dvr, there is no additional charge for the dvr service on the second one.

Waiving the upfront fee is doable, but regardless if you do or not, you're STILL going to get a new 2 year contract regardless. ANYTIME you add new receivers, whether you order thru D* or buy yourself, gets you a 2 year comittment.

I just added a HD DVR for $49. I asked to talk to retention. I was at the end of my two year commitment and told them that I was thinking of switching providers. I also got them to throw in the SWM switch as well as at no cost.

I just added a HD DVR for $49. I asked to talk to retention. I was at the end of my two year commitment and told them that I was thinking of switching providers. I also got them to throw in the SWM switch as well as at no cost.

Good deal for you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts