This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Adding 2nd 211K to 1000.4 dish

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
I currently have a 1000.4 dish with a 211K hooked to the 61.5 port (I think). I want to add a 2nd 211k and run a cable to the LNB (hooked to adjacent 72.7 port).
Will this work and if so will I get all the programming that i have on the original 211K?
Thanks, Gerry

Pretty sure all outputs on that LNB feed both 61.5 and 72 combined, so yes, you could use any open port on the LNB (others please correct me if I’m mistaken)

If correct in my "googling" it appears that you can hook up to 3 single tuner receivers to the LNB (DPP). Hopefully this is correct.
Gerry

Reactions: NYDutch
Did the Wally have 2 tuners from the get go and the second wasn’t enabled until recently? I am really curious how the dual tuner works with that unit

Not only that, there were rumors c. Wally introduction that had the possibility of putting 16 Wally's on a single cable to a hybrid LNB or hybrid switch. To my knowledge, that was never implemented.
It works for Commercial accounts by using Channel Stack splitters, but it is limited to 8 Wally receivers per Hybrid output, since each Wally now uses two tuners.

It works for Commercial accounts by using Channel Stack splitters, but it is limited to 8 Wally receivers per Hybrid output, since each Wally now uses two tuners.

Interesting. So, there exists a channel stack splitter with 8 outputs?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I thought in order to use the two tuners in the wally, you had to use a hybrid lnb or the dp switch. Am I wrong?