Adding 4K questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TxDTV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2018
Texas
So, I’m getting a new 4K tv next week wanting upgrade my equipment, currently in the master bedroom, where the TV is and going to be, is where i currently have the HR54-400, and in a spare room i have a mini genie thats not 4K, i called DirecTv today, they said, would have to get the 4K genie mini, to piggyback to the HR54 and be in the same room, and still keep the regular genie in the spare room. Not to mention I’d have to extend my contract 2 years. So, is this how it works really? Thanks.

Yes. I would have asked to be swapped out to a Genie 2 as well so you could have gotten the benefits of that. If you can get as many C61k’s as you can as they work well and are pretty solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it ordered, they wasnt having any “big” promo’s right now, regular pice i was told was $199, got it for $99, and didn’t have to extend my contract.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

That not extending contract may be an under informed lie. Typically any hardware activation is a new contract, even if paying a lease fee up front. If you are concerned about two more years you may want to call again to check.

Got it ordered, they wasnt having any “big” promo’s right now, regular pice i was told was $199, got it for $99, and didn’t have to extend my contract.

they will extend the contract, its an upgrade.
check your order confirmation

Reactions: TxDTV
Well, looked at the order confirmation, and sure enough it does say i accepted a 24 month commitment, and the girl i talked to on the phone CLEARY said, no there was not contract extension. But i guess if you want the equipment, there is nothing you can do about it.

I ended up canceling the appointment, i just don’t trust what they where telling me. From the start when i said i was told it wouldnt add 24 months to my contract, but the Oder confirmation, said it would. 2, they told me the 4K genie mini was $199, but would give me a credit, to make it $99. Never saw that cried it appear, then i found on directv site last night that new or upgrading customers could get 4K for free, and the girl i talked to put me on hold, and came back and said she talked to whoever, and said they wouldnt charge me anything for the equipment, and i called this morning, didn’t know anything about it, called later, and said they saw a pending credit, but get a different answer every time. And i dont want to pay $200 for it, and they didn’t seem to be straight up with me.

I ended up canceling the appointment, i just don’t trust what they where telling me. From the start when i said i was told it wouldnt add 24 months to my contract, but the Oder confirmation, said it would. 2, they told me the 4K genie mini was $199, but would give me a credit, to make it $99. Never saw that cried it appear, then i found on directv site last night that new or upgrading customers could get 4K for free, and the girl i talked to put me on hold, and came back and said she talked to whoever, and said they wouldnt charge me anything for the equipment, and i called this morning, didn’t know anything about it, called later, and said they saw a pending credit, but get a different answer every time. And i dont want to pay $200 for it, and they didn’t seem to be straight up with me.

Typically, a Non DVR unit is $99 .... which is what your genie mini would be (C61k)
A DVR unit is usually $199 .... HR's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)