Adding 4th dish on farm and its feed lost one feed via 22khz switch...Ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Dishes: Birdview with c/ku using disecq 1 and 2 ports. Channel Master .75 meter for PBS on 125. All (3) fed through disecq controlled by my Openbox, all working fine.

Change: Added motorized Ku to the mix last week. Works fine (signal-wise) if make it input on disecq port 4 directly to the Openbox, but hear I can't run motor through that disecq, so thought I'd run a separate line to it! I ran a dedicated coax line from the new motorized Ku into the receiver, and installed 22khz switch to allow one side to channel the Birdview's disecq containing the combination C & Ku along with the dedicated PBS dish and routed the NEW motorized Ku to the other side of the switch at the receiver needing the 22khz "on."

Surprising result: I received my Birdview's C and Ku, and the switching worked GREAT for going to and from the new motorized dish's line (did not check motion by the way, concerned first with signal.) BUT......for some reason, the stationary dedicated Ku aimed at 125 would not "talk" through the 22khz switch. Switch is a sadoun s-sm21H. LNB at that fixed dish which doesn't work through the switch is the combination circular and linear QPH-031.

What would cause no passing of the LNB from the dedicated PBS dish? (the rest works fine this way!!)

Attachments

• PA010295.JPG
    PA010295.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I read your post three times and still don't see the problem for sure.
Probably need more sleep (me, for sure) - :)

The following may help you see what to fix, 'cause I don't
- regular 22khz switches don't pass diseqc commands, if you need to, use an eCoda 22khz (couple of bucks)
- actually, I don't see the need of a 22khz switch at all; should be able to do it all on a good/working diseqc, see below:

Code:
[FONT=fixedsys]   
rcvr<----motor<----diseqc - 1 <-------- cband Birdview
                     ^
                     |----- 2 <-------- ku on Birdview
                     | 
                     |----- 3 <-------- 125° dish
                     |
                     ------ 4 <-------- motorized dish's LNBF  

[/FONT]
If it doesn't work, you may have blown out a port on your diseqc.

edit: well, the editor is just putting up a heroic fight. :(
guess ya will just have to live with it, and read my mind. :)

Last edited:
What you describe is EXACTLY what I would like to do, but I thought I had read, (maybe MISread) somewhere that to involve the Ku motorized dish, I couldn't send the motorized commands through the disecq. By your diagram, I don't need to isolate the Ku motorized dish from the system, and it would be "seen" just as another signal source as if it had no motor. I will change it to the way you diagram, and thanks SO much for taking the time to diagram so neatly!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts