Adding 61.5 to 1000.2 / Problem....

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hello everyone.. This is my first post here so please forgive me if I make a mistake and post this in the wrong place or if the topic has already been covered but I have done the research and can't find my specific problem so here goes...

I was using a dish 500 with a Duo 322 and everything was working great! (I installed the system myself) Then I decided to upgrade to HD and installed a 1000.2 (I live in S. Carolina) and a VIP222k. Again everything worked great until I realized that I was not receiving my local channels in HD. After some research I found that my locals were only offered in HD on 61.5. So.... I decided to use my old Dish 500 with a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB as a wing dish to receive 61.5. Sounded easy enough!!!!

The first thing that I did after mounting and aiming the old 500 at 61.5 was to hook that dish directly to the vip222k and peak it on 61.5. I didn't get as much signal as I would have liked but it was there and I was able to watch programming. Next I ran a cox from one of the ports on the 500 LNB to the 1000.2 LNB IN and hooked the 1000.2's feed back to the vip222k, did a check switch, test, and..... nothing shows up on #4. I can go back and hook the 500 directly to the receiver and do a check switch and it finds 61.5 with no problems. It just doesn't seem to be passing through the 1000.2 LNB.

Any ideas????

Thank you again...

Dpp twin will not work for that. You will need a dish pro single or dual and feed that into the 1000.2. You can not feed a dpp lnb into another dpp lnb

Since you have the 1K.2 dish already, just get a eastern arc lnb for it
You will get everything off 1 dish from 72 and 61.5

The 1000.2EA LNB is going to be more costly than a DP dual. I see Buy It Now prices on Ebay are around $15.

I want to note that for the low signal you mentioned on the 61.5

the EA in my area will regularly only pull upper 40's to mid 50's (minimum 44). A lot of areas it is still 10-20 points or more below the levels you get on the WA. Long story short a lower signal compared to the western arc is expected

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

I didn't know the EA LNB with 77 would work on a 1000.2. I believe they are designed to work with a 1000.4. I use the EA 1000.4 in LosAngeles from the past year with no issues. Pick locals out of 77 with a DMA out of there.

Thanks everyone... I put a Dish Pro Dual LNB on my old Dish 500 and everything came right up. I only need transponder 13 on 61.5 for my locals in HD so that's where I peaked it to. It is a spot beam and according to the map I am -10db from the center of the beam. I was able to get the signal up to 55~56 but that was the best that I could do.

Thank you again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)