Adding a 322 to a DP44 Switch Question

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Have a question.

Have Dish1000+ and DP44 switch, with three receivers (1-VIP211, 1- 322 1- 311). On the 322, there is one cable going to it, which is split right before the receiver to feed each input off of one cable.

That leaves me one output on the switch. Here is my question. If I were to buy a 322 and replace the 311 with it, should I be able to do the same thing as the installers have; running one cable to feed both of the inputs? I over heard one of the installers tell the other guy (who I assume was in training) that you can split the signal this way on the Dish Pro switches.

How many receivers can you run through the DP44?

Is there a limit on the number of television that dish will allow?

First off, it is a DPP44 switch. You setup is not using a splitter, it is a seperator and is only usable on DishProPlus switches, you can run four individual lines to any receiver, if the receiver is a dual tuner then seperator can be used to connect both tuners. Answer would be four receivers through a DPP44 switch. and yes you could replace the 311 with a 322.

And all 4 receivers could technically be dual tuner (not sure if E* will allow that). There are limits to the number of receivers (and that number recently changed, IIRC) but there is no limit to the number of TVs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)