Adding a 3rd Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

5cents

Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
I am new to Dish Network. I got their standard 4 room package with a 625 DVR receiver and a 322 dual receiver. I have a 500 satellite. I need to service two more televisions. The installer was fairly coy about it, but he seemed to indicate that I could purchase a 34 switch (actually 2 switches) and another 322 receiver to serve the two additional tv's and do it myself.

I found that the 34 switches and the 322 receivers are in abundance on ebay. I just need to know if there are any tricks that I need to know. For instance, one of the receivers on ebay said it was cardless. Another said it was board #_________ and that they would not refund because you did not do your research to verify it would work for your application.

Can I simply buy any new 322 receiver and make it work? Do I need a card? If so, where do I get a card?

Is there any trick to wiring the 34 switches that I need to know before I embark on this project?

Thanks.

you'll need any 322 there are all the same the only thing is you are better to buy a new one just because you will then know that it does not have a balance on it, meaning dish network will not ask you for cash to activate it. also you will need two 34 switches ran together and two cables ran to each reciever for a total of 4 dual tuner recievers or in your case three dual tuners

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts