adding a dp34 + 3rd reciever

ephacker

Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
Our old system was simple...A DN 500 dish w/ a Dish Pro Twin. We had two reciever (301+311) each hooked up directly to the Twin.

I want to add a 508 reciever so I added a DP-34 switch. At first I hooked up one cable to the switch (the one that went to the 301). And hooked up both recievers (the 301 and the new 508) to the switch. Both recievers got only 1/2 the channels.
But the 311 still got all channels.

Then I tried hooking two cables from the Dish Pro Twin into the DP-34. And hooked all 3 recievers to the switch as well. All of them had the same problems (only got 1/2 the chanels).

Is there something I am doing wrong? Could the switch be bad?

Thanks
Gene

Ok both lines from the DP Twin go to ports 1 and 2 on the left side.
All 3 receivers go to ports 1-4 on the bottom.

Then you have do a check switch on ALL receivers for them to see the change in configuration.

If that doesn't help un-hook all the sat cables from the back of the receivers and re-run the check switch to clear the switch matrix out and then hook them back up and retry.

If you still have issues swap the DP Twin lines around on the 3 ports on the left to see if your switch has bad input ports.

At this point based on your description it sounds like your not running check switches like you should.

Check Switch is
Menu > 6 > 1 > 1 then click check switch
After a succesful test you should have something saying
Port 1 Port2 Port 3
119 110 NC
All All
DP Twin DP Twin

Press done and keep going back till it says Aquiring signal. That should only take a minute or so if your dish is pointed and peaked correctly.

you will need 2 cables into the 1 and 2 in port of the switch. You will also need to check switch after it is hooked up. (menu 6-1-1)

Edit: Dish Installer bet me to it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts