Adding a DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

indytvguy

Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
:) Hi Everyone,
Just joined the forum but have been watching for awhile now. Here's what I have...Oval Dish with 3 LNB; Family room - new R10 Tivo DVR; Bedroom - SD HBH (Standard no frills receiver); Office - DVR 40.
Okay, got the Family room hooked into the two lines that come in from the wall so I can record/watch 2 different programs, bedroom is hooked into the one line that was run; Office - currently hooked into the 1 line that was run...What I'd like to do is hook this DVR into a 2nd line so I can record/watch 2 different programs.
Since there are 4 lines coming out of the dish now, is that what I'm limited to? I've read about the 4x8 & 5x8 multiswitches and understand the 3lnb oval dish has a switch built in, can you point me to a resource to figure out where this switch is and if I can accomplish having 2 dvr with 2 lines each and 1 standard receiver with 1 line?
Thanks so much!

ALL 4 feeds from the dish need to be hooked into a 4x8 or 5x8 switch then you will have the ability to use 8 runs out of the switch.

The Phase 3 dish has a switch built into the LNB... thats irrelavent to hooking up a 4x8 or 5x8. make sure its cascadable but i havent seen one in a while that wasnt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts