Adding a motor to dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ahhhh, Progress

PSB said:
I may be having problems at this end, let me try for Ohio News......

Yep its there, aim for that, I may have hooked up my receiver wrong as I was using it this morning for a service call.

I finally found SBS!!!! Can't wait to hook up the cable connections. I sure hope I don't have any other problems from this point. I just have to try and make a sat setting on my Pansat for SBS as there is not one listed.....

COOL! I am sure Iceberg posted here someplace how add a satellite, now the real fun starts!

Excellent Info

Iceberg said:
you have to add it

go into the TP info (the bottom one in the install screen) where you can edit TP's and add it

use 11741 H 6616 for a TP. If you have USALS, you'll have to type it in as to what loc it is (74)

Berg, used the settings you provided. Worked like a charm. Thanks....

USALS Question

OK, I'm ready to move the dish with the motor. A couple of questions before I hit the move button.

1. I am setting up to move to AMC-4 from SBS-6. I checked the sat in the Antenna Setup for AMC-4 with my Pansat 2500. It brings me to a screen where it has the Satellite Position. That is set at 101.0W Next is My Longitude and My Latitude. For me it is 75E and 39S I think. Under move which is the next area it has the listing of 176.0W. This does not seem correct to me and I am afraid to hit the move button for fear of what might happen. Can someone please tell me if this is correct. I am ready to get this thing moving.............

176 is too far, it would be best to motor the dish left and right to the limits to make sure it will not hit anywhere, this can be done outdoors with the button under the motor, its on the right hand side from behind the dish, one click moves it West, press twice fast and it moves East. We need someone with a Pansat to chip in about the above!

I set the hardware limits...

PSB said:
176 is too far, it would be best to motor the dish left and right to the limits to make sure it will not hit anywhere, this can be done outdoors with the button under the motor, its on the right hand side from behind the dish, one click moves it West, press twice fast and it moves East. We need someone with a Pansat to chip in about the above!

I set the hardware limits so that it will not swing more than 20 degrees to the east. I just don't know why the setting in the setup don't match. I set the dish/motor to SBS-6, my most south Sat with the position on the motor set at 0. Even when I go in under the USALS for SBS-6 it has the Sat position at 74W. I put in 75.0E for my Long and 39.9N for my Lat and the Move area is listed for 149.0W. I don't get it. It is a BIG ? How can it be telling me to move 149 degrees west from my current position? I'm on the sat already! I don't get it........

40 deg. North of the equator
75 deg. West of the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich London UK.

I'm Confused!!!

PSB said:
40 deg. North of the equator
75 deg. West of the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich London UK.

Ok, I put those setting in...but I must be doing something wrong somewhere in the setup. Somebody with a Pansat 2500 please respond on how to properly enter the settings using a motor. Thanks. Guess I'm on hold again till I get these settings figured out.....I'll be an expert after this setup :)

I think I got it!

It moved an I am scanning TP for ACM-4 I think. I'll let you know...hold on and keep your fingers crossed.....

Yippie Yippie

I got it!!! Scanned AMC-4 with no problems. This is so COOL!!! I want to thank PSB and ICEBERG for all their help. I would not have been able to do it without you guys. Thanks A Million!!!

You are welcome, thats what this FTA forum should be all about members helping each other without looking down on other people just because they got into the hobby a few weeks/months/years after you! Every time we get another member installed and set up we are all learning something!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)