Adding a receiver to HD Absolute Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gampp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Has anyone had luck recently in adding an additional receiver with the HD Absolute Package? I called today to add one SOLO HD DVR to my account, and they wouldn't do it within the Dish'n it Up promotion as the HD Absolute is not a qualifying package. My only option was to buy a receiver. Is this just bad info, or is that really the case?

I think it's good info. Take the plunge. Claude at dishstore (link at the top of the page) has a good price on receivers right now. In fact, he has the 211k for $119. Just add an external HD to it for the DVR functionality.

Last edited:
If you buy a new receiver and activate it, do you still have to pay Dish the $10/month, or is that a lease fee?

If you buy a new receiver and activate it, do you still have to pay Dish the $10/month, or is that a lease fee?

You'll have to pay a $7 per month additional receiver fee and a one-time $40 fee to activate the DVR feature if you want that. The fee covers all 211ks on the account though. You pay $7 monthly whether you own or lease. Only the name of the fee changes.

Doesn't sound right

I didn't think that Dishing it up had anything to do w/what program package that you sub to. I didn't add a receiver but went from a 622 to a 722k. Now that was around a yr ago.

This may put me over the edge. I've been thinking of changing providers or packages as I miss not having the RSNs. If I can't get an additional box, I may make the switch to D* as they are running a fairly good promotion right now.

I have added a 722K and a 211K with DIU on my HD Absolute package.

Your programming has little or nothing to do with DIU being available.

You can only do DIU once every 12 months and the price is determined by your status as a subscriber.

Your programming has little or nothing to do with DIU being available.

You can only do DIU once every 12 months and the price is determined by your status as a subscriber.

That's apparently not the case anymore as I talked to 3 different CSRs (both online and on the phone) and all were happy to give me the promotion up until they were ready to process and then told me that the package didn't qualify.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)