Customer Support app on Dish Home Interactive

Viper0580

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Northern Kentucky
What is up with the Customer Support app on Dish Home Interactive? It will not connect to Dish Network. I have 4 receivers 2(Vip622's and 2(Vip612's)) and they are all hooked to the phone line and Ethernet. I do not have DSL(Wireless interet) and the receivers are hooked directly to the router. Every time I try to make a payment or view the bill on my TV it does not connect to Dish Network. I have to unhook the Ethernet cable in order to get it to work. If I should not have to keep unhooking the Ethernet cable in order to get the app to work. The receviers dial out and show it is trying to connect to Dish Network but it does not connect. To use this as an example- The receiver Diales out and Dish Network pickes up but does not say any thing and the receiver hangs up. I have attached to this post the screen shots I keep getting when I go to this app with the ethernet cable hooked up. I have e-mailed Dish Tech support and they are blaiming something on my end. I replyed back and told them that my cables and every thing is working just fine. I tested all the cables and they are working great. So it would have to be some thing on Dish Network's end but they will not abmit it.

Attachments

• Dish 1.jpg
    Dish 1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 472
  • Dish 2.jpg
    Dish 2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Dish 3.jpg
    Dish 3.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 311
Here is the E-mail I sent Dish Network

I have been a long time Dish Customer and I really enjoy Dish Network and the HD programming. Here are a few issues that Dish Network needs to work on. I have 2 Vip622's
Type VIP622
Model Family HD DuoDVR
Receiver #:
Smart Card #:

Receiver #2
Type VIP622
Model Family HD DuoDVR
Receiver #:
Smart Card #:
and I have 2 VIP612's

Receiver #3
Type VIP612
Model Family HD Solo DVR
Receiver #:
Smart Card #:

Receiver #4
Type VIP612
Model Family HD Solo DVR
Receiver #:
Smart Card #:

And all of my receivers are hooked to the internet for Dish-Online and hooked to a phone line to view Cellared and to use the Customer Support app on Dish Home Interactive. When I go to the Customer Support app on Dish Home Interactive and go to view my bill it will not connect to Dish Network. I first get a message saying Dialing, Please Wait(EA08) then I get a message saying "Please Wait- This may take a few moments(EA04). then a few moments later I get a message saying ERROR, Unable to connect to DISH Network at this time. Please try again later(EA09).
I have all my receivers connected to the phone line and Ethernet cable coming from my router. Now in order to get this app to work I have to unplug the Ethernet cable and keep the phone line hooked up. When I unplug the Ethernet cable then the Dish-Online app will not work and I cannot manage my DVR's VIA the Dish Network app on the iPhone. So I have to keep both cables hooked up. I have tested all of my phone lines and Ethernet cables going to the receivers and they work well. So that is not the issue on getting the Customer Support app to connect to Dish Network. It is something on Dish Networks end.

2nd Issue
The Dish Remote access does not show the correct guide information on my local channels. Both on the Website and the iPhone app it shows that wrong shows on my local channels. It does not match up with what is showing up on the guide on my receivers. This need to be worked on. It should match up the guide information with the receiver and the Dish Remote Access app. It is only on the local channels. Everything else matches up on the other Dish Channels. I live in Butler KY (41006) and I get local channels from Cincinnati OHIO. I have the 1000.4 Dish pointed to 72.7, 77 and 61.5 satellites with the DPP44 switch.

3rd Issue

Dish Network needs to have the same apps for the Dish Home Interactive available on both systems. The Eastern ARC and the Western ARC. I know that the games Hunting Trails and Tetris are available on the Western ARC and not the Eastern ARC. Dish need to have it set up on both ARC's. I do not understand why thing on the Dish Home Interactive would be available on one ARC and not the other. It should be the same on both ARC's.

Could you please look at everything on my account to make sure that everything on Dish's end is and provisioned correctly and set up and working. I have been with Dish Network for about 11 to 15 years and I like all the technology Dish Network has and offers and I look foreward to seeing more great things to come in the feature from Dish Network

Thank You

Here is the E-Mail Dish Replyed back They are saying that it is on my end and I need to do things to trouble shoot my equipment.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. We appreciate your inquiry and are happy to assist. Please perform the following to reset your receiver with DISH Remote Access:

Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the back of the Dish Network receiver. While the Ethernet cable is disconnected, turn the Dish Network receiver off and then unplug it from the electricity. Wait 15 seconds, plug it back up, and turn it back on. When your programming is back on, plug the Ethernet cable back in to the receiver. Finally you will need to reset the broadband internet connection: press Menu on the Dish Network remote and then select System Setup, Installation, Broadband Setup, and then Network Setup. From this screen select Reset Connection. You may now try to connect to DISH Remote Access.

Please perform the following troubleshooting steps for the first issue that you are having with error EA09.

Does your phone line at all go dead or unable to dial out?

Connect a telephone to the phone cord and verify there is a dial tone. If there is no dial tone, the problem is with the phone cord or phone outlet.

Do you have DSL or Voip?

Verify the Telephone Setup menu on the receiver is set up correctly.
How To?

• Press Menu on the remote. Go to System Setup, Installation, and Phone System.
  • Verify Phone Type is set correctly for Touch Tone or Rotary/Pulse and Prefix or No Prefix in the menu.

Example:prefix is needed if the customer must dial 9 for an outside line. DO NOT add 1 as a prefix
Are there wireless phone extenders installed?
Last thing, you will want to try is to test the phone line. Please follow the steps provided on how to test the phone line.
  • Verify all phones in the home are not in use or off the hook.
  • Connect a phone line from a working wall jack directly to the receiver if one is not already connected.
  • Turn the receiver off with the remote for a period of 10 seconds, then back on.
  • Press Menu on the remote control. Select System Setup, Diagnostics then Dial Out.
  • You may watch programming as normal. You should also try to remain off the phone for a period of 30 minutes.
  • After that time, you should attempt to access Dish Home again.
We are always looking for ways to improve our service and we appreciate your input. We will forward your comments and concerns to the proper department. We cannot guarantee this will be implemented.
If in the future you have questions concerning a specific error or symptom your receiver is experiencing you may refer to specific troubleshooting steps by visiting http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiverhome.shtml selecting the appropriate model of which can be located by pressing the Menu button on your Dish Network remote, selecting 6 for System Setup,1 for Installation, 3 for System Information this will either be located in Box D or labeled Model ID. Then you may use drop down menus on the top left of the screen to select a specific symptom or error.

If you have any further questions or concerns, you may refer to www.dishnetwork.com <http://www.dishnetwork.com/> , speak with a live agent via chat http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/chat/techchatadvcustform.shtml or you may call 1-800-894-9131 or reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. General billing and programming information can be found at www.dishnetwork.com <http://www.dishnetwork.com> . If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reply to this email or call 1-800-894-9131 or you may use the live chat http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/chat/techchatadvcustform.shtml <http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/chat/techchatadvcustform.shtml> for more specific information.

Sincerely,

LaRissa L. 7JX

Dish Network Technical Support

This is my Reply back to Dish

Like I said in my post is that I have tested my phone line going to all of my receivers and they work just fine. The Problem with the EA09 on the Customer Support app it on Dish Networks end. Like I also said I have to unplug the Ethernet cable in order to get the Customer Support App to work. I find it strange that it happens on all of my receivers. My phone lines and Ethernet cables are working just fine I have tested both of them. I find it strange that it happens on all 4 of my receivers (2 VIP622’s and 2 VIP612’s) I can send and receive faxes on my fax machine just fine so and my Fax Machine is hooked to the same phone line as my receivers and my fax machine is not interfering with my phone line in any way. So you can not say it is my fax machine or phone line. I should not have to unplug my Ethernet cable to get the Customer Support App to work properly. If I unhook my Ethernet cable I can not manage my DVR shows over the INTERNET nor does the Dish Online app work with out the Ethernet cable. So Dish needs to not blame any thing on my end like Dish Network always does. I have tested every thing and it is more than likely on the Dish Network end. Every thing on my end is set up and working correctly. Just like all of the problems I mentioned on my post is some thing on Dish Network’s end not mine. So do not blame it on my end and FIX the problems.

This is Dish Networks reply back still saying that it is my equipment. I find it funny that it does the same thing on all 4 of my receives. Sorry for the long post.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to hear that you are still having the issue. At this time, I have provided you with all of the troubleshooting steps for this issue that you are having. As this is an issue you are experiencing with all of your receivers. I would recommend a technician come to your home and look at the equipment. Please call our customer service center at 1-800-894-9131 or use live chat http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/chat/techchatadvcustform.shtml as a technician visit can only be schedule through a live agent.

If in the future you have questions concerning a specific error or symptom your receiver is experiencing you may refer to specific troubleshooting steps by visiting http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiverhome.shtml selecting the appropriate model of which can be located by pressing the Menu button on your Dish Network remote, selecting 6 for System Setup,1 for Installation, 3 for System Information this will either be located in Box D or labeled Model ID. Then you may use drop down menus on the top left of the screen to select a specific symptom or error.

If you have any further questions or concerns, you may refer to www.dishnetwork.com <http://www.dishnetwork.com/> , speak with a live agent via chat http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/chat/techchatadvcustform.shtml or you may call 1-800-894-9131 or reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. General billing and programming information can be found at www.dishnetwork.com <http://www.dishnetwork.com> . If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reply to this email or call 1-800-894-9131 or you may use the live chat http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/chat/techchatadvcustform.shtml <http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/chat/techchatadvcustform.shtml> for more specific information.

Sincerely,

LaRissa L. 7JX

Dish Network Technical Support

The phone connection for customer support has never worked on any of my vip receivers, since I hooked up the ethernet to them, going back to the original 622 I had years ago.

my phone connection with the customer service app doesn't work either. I also have an Ethernet connection to my 722. I will unplug it and see if I can then have ET call home. On a separate note it seems a bit antiquated to use a modem and the phone line for the customer service app. At a minimum the box should sense you have an internet connection and use that for the customer service app, falling back to the modem if either your internet is down or you choose to not have your receiver on line.....

Ross

Hey! I tried it just now and I have both internet and phone line connected to my 722k and it WORKED! They must of fixed the problem. I was able to get through and view my statement , make a payment etc. So it works now .

im still not able to use it, it gets to the main menu and when i select one of the options, just dials then doesnt connect, they should just enable this to be accessed through the ethernet port.

So it is not just my 4 receivers then if others are experiencing the same thing. Why does Dish insist on blaming the problem on my end and my equipment? It is clear that it is on Dish Neworks end. Dish Network need to work on the Dish Home Interactive apps any ways. It could be inproved.

Last edited:
I just tried 5 times and only succeeded in locking up my 722. :( It seems to be calling (866) 767-2759. The remote modem answers and starts up the handshake, but like the OP it never connects.

Fortunately caller ID works; that's all I use it for.

i used to be able to change my programming on this function, now it wont even connect and i cant change programming online, its just tells me to call :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)