Adding a receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

granitefan

Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Hi all, :hatsoff:

I'm new here and have a very basic question. I have Direct TV installed. I also have an old receiver box from about 5-6 years ago. Will this box work as a second receiver if I try to use it or does it need a new card. Thanks

it should work. just hook it up and try it, but being that old it may need a new card though.just call directv and have them add it to your account and see if it works before ordering a need card. welcome to satguys, and merry christmas

it should work. just hook it up and try it, but being that old it may need a new card though.just call directv and have them add it to your account and see if it works before ordering a need card. welcome to satguys, and merry christmas

He will need to call D* regardless to get it activated.
They will send out a new accesscard if the card is too old, if the card is the current generation then they will activate it when he calls in.
Chances are if it is 5-6 years old and has not been used, it will need a new card, they usually send them out next day air, so your downtime is minimal

Jimbo

He will need to call D* regardless to get it activated.
They will send out a new accesscard if the card is too old, if the card is the current generation then they will activate it when he calls in.
Chances are if it is 5-6 years old and has not been used, it will need a new card, they usually send them out next day air, so your downtime is minimal

Jimbo

Don't forget the 20.00 fedex fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts