Adding a satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

swampman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
South Louisiana
Been out of this for a while, and in that while I guess I got brain freeze. Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction as to how to add a sat to my viewsat platinum?
1-I got to the part where I manually name the sat Galaxy 25
2- As far as adding tp and SR info, I went into channel scan then edit tp but it doesnt let me do anything. :confused: TP info is blank. Been a few years since I did this. Thanks.

swampman, I've never owned or operated a Viewsat, and I don't hear them mentioned much around here, but I do see a few Viewsat manuals in the FTA manual section.

Nothing for a Platinum but maybe one of them might help? :confused:

I seem to recall last time I added a satellite on a viewsat pro, I did something like a shortcut, and simply renamed an existing satellite and deleted existing TP's. Those things are tricky and the manuals don't cover everything you need to do. Its more like playing a video game, in that you have to stumble around until you find the golden key and the princess. Mine was lousy for moving the dish motor, so I use my Mercury II to turn the dish motor to the satellite, then use the Viewsat to record the shows.

I seem to recall last time I added a satellite on a viewsat pro, I did something like a shortcut, and simply renamed an existing satellite and deleted existing TP's. Those things are tricky and the manuals don't cover everything you need to do. Its more like playing a video game, in that you have to stumble around until you find the golden key and the princess.

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Because in adding an entirely new sat, naming it is one thing...adding it's TPs seems impossible. If I'm not mistaken, when I first did this a few years back, I was using a Coolsat 5K and it was more user friendly when adding a brand new satellite listing than the Viewsat seems to be. Thanks for the input. :up

I've got a viewsat platinum but the remote's been busted for a while. Today, I dropped by a buddy's place and picked up a Coolsat 6000 for mini-bud testing. He also had a viewsat ultra remote so I grabbed that.

Anyway, the remote works on my Platinum:

To add transponder:

Menu/Installation/Channel Scan

This takes you to Satellite (highlighted)
Scroll down twice (puts you on search/edit TP
Press OK - puts you in frequency box.

At the bottom, you should see F1 (Add user TP)

Hold on to the Platinum, because out of 4 boxes I tested on G17/91 Cband
it's the first one to get the CW mux using a 1 meter dish.

Too bad it doesn't blind scan :mad::rant:

Cheers, Catamount

Thanks cat, I'll try it in the morning. Yeah this viewsat platinum has been rock solid since the day I got it.

P.S. on a related subject, does anyome know if it is possible to get satellite update listings, maybe through Viewsat that could actually update the sat list on my platinum...some sort of S/W download? Or is it more feesable to just buy the new Ultra Lite? That one should definately have an updated sat listing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts