Adding A Second ViP722 DVR?

LutraLutra

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
NC
I've been looking around for information on this subject and have quite a bit of contradicting information. I ran across this forum, read a bit, and figured this would be a good place to ask.

I recently transferred to a University that I can not commute to from home, so I have established a part-time residence around the University. Currently, the part-time residence has Time Warner Cable for both digital television and internet, which I would like to change.

My family currently has an account with Dish Network and we been thinking about adding a second DVR to our home for a while now. If we did so, would it be possible to use the second DVR at the part time residence while I am there? I am aware that some extra equipment would be required.

As far as current equipment goes, I have identified that we have a ViP 722 DVR, and DPP44 VPPI, and a Dish 500 (It could be a 500+, I am not entirely sure at the moment) satellite dish with 2 LNBs.

I am pretty good with technical things, so have at it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

So, it sounds like that isn't allowed.

We also have a motor home that we use on vacation. Would it be possible to use the second DVR in the motor home while on vacation?

You can also buy a Sling Adapter and watch that at another residence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts