Adding a super joey with 2 HWS???

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
I just found the need to add a joey or a super joey if possible. I have 2 HWS's and 1 joey.....am I able to add a super joey now or just another joey, I remember awhile back reading that wasn't possible due to the tuner limit, is this still the case?

I already have the dou node and wiring in place to add the joey , can I just buy one from somewhere and add or can Dish just send me one without a tech visit charge?

Since the system I believe can support 2 HWS and a Super Joey on the same dish, why can't Dish let you activate them? 8 tuners would be so great. I know they won't build a promotion for it.. But why not let the customer buy the Super Joey and all associated parts to make it work and let them activate it. Doesn't make sense to me.

In addition while it might work today it might not work tomorrow with future updates and additions to the Hopper line. This is why they are not pushing it and saying it won't work.

Remember this is DISH we are talking about here... if it works and they knew it would continue working in the future then they would LOVE to charge you another fee for the SuperJoey to add to your dual Hopper setup. But these guys know whats coming down the pipeline and what the additional MOCA channels will be used for... so if they are saying that this won't work (while it does work) it means that something down the line WILL break it.

I am sure we will see cries here when that does happen... but we will say you were told all along that its not supported and will not work. :)

Reactions: navychop
Remember this is DISH we are talking about here... if it works and they knew it would continue working in the future then they would LOVE to charge you another fee for the SuperJoey to add to your dual Hopper setup. But these guys know whats coming down the pipeline and what the additional MOCA channels will be used for... so if they are saying that this won't work (while it does work) it means that something down the line WILL break it.

Very true, but Dish has also deep-sixed many products that I personally thought would be GREAT. Sling Extender springs to mind. There was an interesting connector on the back of my 501 that was never used. There was an HP file server that never came to be... That one would have produced a whole-home DVR using VIP receivers. The list of these never-released products/features is quite long. We should start a new thread about those. ;)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Very true, but Dish has also deep-sixed many products that I personally thought would be GREAT. Sling Extender springs to mind. There was an interesting connector on the back of my 501 that was never used. There was an HP file server that never came to be... That one would have produced a whole-home DVR using VIP receivers. The list of these never-released products/features is quite long. We should start a new thread about those. ;)

Just because Dish had an idea that we think was great doesn't mean it worked properly or was even feasible to make.

I can agree with that. I had one of those Sling Extenders and was glad when they scrapped the idea.

Who remembers the DishDVD?

Not me. ;) I think we should start a thread on what might have been.

Regarding the Sling Extender being slow, it's really hard for me to believe that it was any worse than what we suffer with now, which is a horrifically laggy browser-based monstrosity that is so cumbersome, I use it about once/year to see if it still works. Did you know that when you hit the pause button, it pauses the receiver BUT leaves the video stream sucking up bandwidth? Boggles the mind.

Does anyone have a Sling Catcher? How well does that work?

And I still miss that Hopper remote with a flip over keypad.

-----------------
Posted Via my Dish 721 USB keyboard.

Reactions: TheKrell
And I still miss that Hopper remote with a flip over keypad.

-----------------
Posted Via my Dish 721 USB keyboard.

I was seriously thinking about posting that on here. That was pretty cool. I still remember seeing that for the first time at Team Summit about 3-4 years ago.

Then there was the option of Recording to an external device om yjr 722, which people kept thinking that you could record directly to your ehd. Every so often, someone would "discover" this feature, me included. Only to find out it was to record to a portable device (I don't remember the name).

I think it was the pocket dish. I still have mine.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)