Adding a TP in Coolsat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hey All,

I tried adding a TP (Transponder) in the manual scan menu of my Coolsat 4K Pro. Unfortunately, as soon as i get to the point where i will change the polarization from 'V' to 'H' I get an error message that says "TP already exists". After checking to see if it does I find that it does not and all I end up doing is adding a TP with wrong polorization. Any ideas are most welcomed.

if you get that message there is already a transponder stored with either the same or near that frequency and polarity. Symbol rate doesnt matter for it to give you that message

fitzbi gave a good fix. Check the existing TP in the list.

green button (the Audio button) will allow you to add a TP, it will store it as long as you dont already have one with the same freq and polarization

Hey All,

I tried adding a TP (Transponder) in the manual scan menu of my Coolsat 4K Pro. Unfortunately, as soon as i get to the point where i will change the polarization from 'V' to 'H' I get an error message that says "TP already exists". After checking to see if it does I find that it does not and all I end up doing is adding a TP with wrong polorization. Any ideas are most welcomed.

Acuevas,

Look for another TP that is within +/- 5MHz of the one you are trying to add.
i.e. If you are trying to add TP 12.112 GHz vertical, look for another vertical TP in the list that is shown as something between 12.007 GHz and 12.117 GHz. If there is one, and it is NOT utilized (no chennels scanned in on it) then delete it and try to add the TP you originally wanted. If there are none, you might want to expand your search for a TP that is +/- 6 Mhz or maybe even +/- 8 MHz at most.

If you don't find any TPs that are of the same polarity and within +/- 8 MHz, then you might have a situation like one I have witnessed with my Coolsat 5000 receiver.

In a few instances, I had edited the TP list in my Coolsat and at one time had the very TP enterered, but had since deleted it. However, for some reason, the Coolsat did not truly delete it, or so it seems. The TP did NOT appear in my list for that satellite, but the Coolsat "thought" it was still there. In this case, I was required to delete the entire satellite and re-enter it from scratch.

Otherwise, try the tip that Fizbi posted.

RADAR

Acuevas,

Look for another TP that is within +/- 5MHz of the one you are trying to add.
i.e. If you are trying to add TP 12.112 GHz vertical, look for another vertical TP in the list that is shown as something between 12.007 GHz and 12.117 GHz. If there is one, and it is NOT utilized (no chennels scanned in on it) then delete it and try to add the TP you originally wanted. If there are none, you might want to expand your search for a TP that is +/- 6 Mhz or maybe even +/- 8 MHz at most.

RADAR

Thanks AcWxRadar,

I searched for TPs up to and with in +/- 8 MHz and found only one 11836 / V / 20.765 that is being used for channels. I attempted to add TP 11842 / H / 22000 and I can add it using Fizbi's advice. However, I don't get any green bars on it. I did notice however that if I change the 'symbol rate' to 20000 I do get green bars and I can download some channels, but they are not the channels I am looking for. Which, according to the 'The List!' are the new 3ABNs and other religious channels. Any thoughts are most welcomed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts