Adding A Vhf To A Uhf Set Up

Bulbman2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
I currently have a channel master cm4228 and a 7777 amp.

The receiption is fantastic. There are a couple of vhf stations that I would like to pull in .

But they are in the wrong direction for the majority of stations that I watch.

I am in Kalamazoo michigan, and I point my antenna towards Lansing Michigan because the Local CBS channel 3 which transmits on 2.1 is very weak.

I am able to pull in channel 8 which transmits on 7 when I adjust the antenna.

MY QUESTION

Can you mount a small vhf antenna on the same mast and point it to 350 degrees and keep the uhf antenna pointed to 70 degrees without degrading the the uhf signal.

Please help I have not purchased the vhf antenna yet

I guess I am just a little lazy and dont want to adjust the antenna if I dont have to

John the bulbman

I currently have a channel master cm4228 and a 7777 amp.

I am in Kalamazoo Michigan, and I point my antenna towards Lansing Michigan because the Local CBS channel 3 which transmits on 2.1 is very weak.

Can you mount a small vhf antenna on the same mast and point it to 350 degrees and keep the uhf antenna pointed to 70 degrees without degrading the the uhf signal.

Please help I have not purchased the vhf antenna yet

WWMT-DT on VHF channel 2 is weak because you have a UHF only antenna. This will get CBS for you. AntennaCraft Y5-2-6 Lowband-Broadband VHF Yagi Channels 2-6 (Y5-2-6) | Y5-2-6 [AntennaCraft] | YAGI LOWBAND BROADBAND 2-6 VHF LOW LOW BAND 5-2-6 Y2-6 Antenna craft

You can add VHF to UHF using your 7777 preamp, it has a separate VHF port. Yet the 7777 may have too much gain and could be overloaded.

If you still want Lansing on VHF, consider this antenna. Antennacraft Y10-7-13 Highband-Broadband VHF Antenna (Y10-7-13) | Y10-7-13 [Antennacraft] | Y10713 y10 7-13 y10 7 13 antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)