Adding additional box at weekend house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbalmos

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Cincinnati (Maineville), OH
I'm sure this is asked all the time, but it's Friday... :)

I have a weekend location I sometimes to go which is outside of my home market. Home's in Cincinnati, this is up outside of Akron. I want to add an additional box onto my account at this location. There is an existing dish at this other location already, I just need the receiver. Is it as simple as getting on the phone with D* and having them add an additional box, even though it's outside of my home market, or are there some magic words that I need to use (or avoid)? :)

Or, since it's outside the home market, does this constitute a completely separate subscription?
?
Thanks!

If you are going to be using both locations at the same time, then you should have two accounts. If it's just you going from one to the other, then just take a receiver/dvr with you and connect it there.

Also, keep in mind that if it's a SWM dish you're going to need a SWM power inserter.

I've moved places with a dish already up but it was SWM so I had to obtain a SWM power inserter before I could use it because the previous people took it.

I wish DirecTV would wall mount the power inserter's with security screws. They should stay with the dish.

Also, keep in mind that if it's a SWM dish you're going to need a SWM power inserter.

I've moved places with a dish already up but it was SWM so I had to obtain a SWM power inserter before I could use it because the previous people took it.

I wish DirecTV would wall mount the power inserter's with security screws. They should stay with the dish.

That would make for a long Power cord to supply the PI with !

If you are going to be using both locations at the same time, then you should have two accounts. If it's just you going from one to the other, then just take a receiver/dvr with you and connect it there.
This is what I do. Our cabin is about 130 mi. north of our primary residence. I just take our receiver to the cabin when we are there. I duplicated my home dish setup at the cabin so I don't have to re-run the setup each time.
He still might get the Cincy locals in the Akron area depending on their footprint.
I should add a footnote..... GO BEARCATS!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)