Direct tv HD DVR Gennie34 Software Update ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
I have an HR34. I've been waiting for my software to upgrade to 0725 what is the software version I should look for someone said the plus 725 has been scratched I thought it was the version to look for ?

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
the update haven't reach your area yet, just like it's haven't reach my area yet, it can take days or weeks

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 12, 2006
You can't control software updates. They are released progressively across the country and can often take several weeks to roll out to everyone. The current national release is 0x06db for the HR34. The HR44 is at 0x0725. 0x0725 for the HR34 started rollout but some people reported problems so it looks like DirecTv might have stopped the HR34 rollout. My guess is that we will see another national release soon.

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 12, 2006
0x06db......you don't have any scheduled updates.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
texasbrit
I don't have any scheduled updates dose it have to say in order to get 0x0725 for my dvrhd34 Genie ?

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 12, 2006
texasbrit
I don't have any scheduled updates dose it have to say in order to get 0x0725 for my dvrhd34 Genie ?

No, you probably won't see this change. As I said, you probably won't get 0x0725 at all. And when you do get a new release, it will just be automatically downloaded to your Genie around 2am some morning. but it could be any time. Could be weeks. Just don't worry about it. It will happen when it happens.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
Texasbrit, sportman has the crazy idea that this update will allow games to come through on out of market RSNs, there is a locked thread a little bit back if you haven't seen it. He was trying to watch the Phillies - Braves game on FS South but got the 721 message and somehow thinks that the software update will fix that. Since he's from PA, I assume he's wanting to watch the Phillies and doesn't understand that you can't on Directv, except on local Fox or ESPN Sunday Night.

The 721 message comes up when you are trying to watch a package you're not subsribed to. MLB (and NBA, NFL, MLS, NHL, some NCAA) games that are in special packages (MLB Extra Innings, etc) will give this error on RSN channels when you have the Sports Pack because you're not subscribed to the games. Even if you have MLB Extra Innings in Phillies territory, you can't watch the Braves feed of it. He MIGHT be able to watch the game tonight on MASN, if MASN is in his zip code. He said is zip code is 19454, which doesn't yield any results on the Directv RSN lookup.

You can get the sports pack (which I think Sportman must have, or a premier package preview) but the 721 message will appear almost always for out of market games. You can watch the pregame shows and most other shows on the RSN channels but you can't watch the actual games.

Sportman, read this post before you comment again. You can't watch the Phillies (or 76ers, Union, or Flyers) on Directv.

Last edited:

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I type in his zip ... 19454 ... into the RSN look up tool and it says that there's nothing. No RSN at all.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
ejb1980 you type in his zip ... 19454 ... into the RSN look up tool and it says that there's nothing. No RSN at all ?

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
You don't have a local RSN. The 721 error will appear on all of the RSN channels (458 and 628 through 699) during MLB, NBA, NFL preseason, MLS, and NHL games. The channels will not have the message during non-game programming. When your promo period ends, the channels I listed will no longer be available to you at all, unless you get the Premier pack or the add-on Sports Pack.

Your local RSN channel is Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia but that channel is not on Directv.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
Sports, Im an installer not to far from you. Perhaps I can finally set all this to rest.

Not a damn thing is going to get you your phillys except MLB Extra Innings, and that may be subject to the blackout as well. Comcast owns the phillys, and makes it very difficult for DirecTV to broadcast them, especially in Philadelphia, where the Comcast Corporate headquarters is located.

725 may or may not hit 34s at all. But there is nothing you can do to get it any sooner than anybody else. If you "need" this software version for some reason, then schedule a service call, and ask the tech to do a doa swap to a 44. But I again confirm it will not help you with the particular problem you think you have.

Oh yea, Im a former Comcast Tech as well.

sportman13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2006
I never said I could get local RSN channel is Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia on Directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.