Adding additional receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dovetails

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
What happens if you are a new first time subscriber to Direct and want to sign up for the Plus HD DVR package AND want to add a couple more HD receivers to the package? I understand they include the HD DVR for new subs, but what about the (2) additional (HD) receivers?? Do you have to pay for them or are they also included. I read on their site that 'standard' def receivers (up to a 4 rm. install) are free, but it doesn't say anything about HD receivers.

Also, I noticed on their 'sample' bill on their website there was tax included. Do all D* customers pay tax?

You will probably have to pay for additional HD receivers. You may get some discounts vs the normal price, however (at least for the first additional receiver).

The tax you pay is dependent on the laws of the state in which you live. Here is WA, only the monthly $4.99 "lease fee" for additional receivers is taxed.

You may want to check out the AAA offer. If you are not a member, it might be worthwhile. They were giving a break on some equipment and $10 off a month for 24 months.

I just had my D* system install on Thursday. I received the HD DVR (HR22) and an additional HD box. The installer told me that the new standard receivers will be HD. You might want to talk to you local install company to find out if they are doing that.

I just had my D* system install on Thursday. I received the HD DVR (HR22) and an additional HD box. The installer told me that the new standard receivers will be HD. You might want to talk to you local install company to find out if they are doing that.

Thank you for that info, will check it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)