Adding another HD receiver - How?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdad11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
US
Currently, I have one VIP722k and one VIP222K.
3 TVs:
Room 1: HD

Room 2: Standard TV (non-high Def)
Room 1 has a direct cable run from VIP722k TV2 port to room 2.

Room 3: HD

Current subscription: AT250

I wish to upgrade Room 2 standard def TV to HD TV.

What I need to know:

a) Do I just call Dish and llease another one VIP 222K receiver from dish ($7/month)?

b) Upon receiving the new VIP 222K receiver, can I split using the satellite cable in room 1 (TV1 - HD) and run it to Room 2 (new VIP222K) receiver?

Thank you.

Not only can you not split signals, but a 222 costs you $14/mo, not $7. I sense an upgrade possibility, though.

To do what you want will require a DPP44 or a DPP33 multiswitch. I think that a DPP33 will work as you are just wanting 3 outputs and you won't need a power supply with that switch. You should be able to get one off of eBay for about $50. You can probably find a good deal on a 211K on eBay too and you won't be in a contract with Dish if you go that route. This assumes that you are handy and comfortable doing a self install. If not, might be better to let Dish do it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Save the money, get a hopper. Call it a day.

The problem with hopper.. it cost me additional $5 more per month for DVR fee. My current DVR from 722k is only $7/month.
The other 211k (has external hard drive) no DVR fee but already paid $40 for one time activation.
Room 2 does not need DVR. Just HD receiver.

Furthermore, I heard that Hopper users started in May 2014 no longer get HD for life for free. You've to pay $10/month more per month for HD channels. :(

To do what you want will require a DPP44 or a DPP33 multiswitch. I think that a DPP33 will work as you are just wanting 3 outputs and you won't need a power supply with that switch. You should be able to get one off of eBay for about $50. You can probably find a good deal on a 211K on eBay too and you won't be in a contract with Dish if you go that route. This assumes that you are handy and comfortable doing a self install. If not, might be better to let Dish do it.
Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sounds like I must make a run to the rooftop to the antenna... can't do the regular inside house split eh?
If I buy my own 211k, will Dish still charge me for the $7/month receiver fee?

To do what you want will require a DPP44 or a DPP33 multiswitch.
A 1000.x dish should serve the TS just fine with its built-in DPP43 switching capability.

I'd go with a 1H2J (1 Hopper, 2 Joeys) system if the price was right and you could have DVR capability all around.

A 1000.x dish should serve the TS just fine with its built-in DPP43 switching capability.

I'd go with a 1H2J (1 Hopper, 2 Joeys) system if the price was right and you could have DVR capability all around.

When I looked at the setup on my screen. it says it is pointing to 61.5, 72.7, and 77 (eastern arc).
So, this must be dish 1000.4 ? 3 output + 1 input on the LNB?

If I can find one open output on it, I can run a cable from it to the new receiver?

Thanks guys! I will see if I can get another 211k receiver from Dish. I like the idea of hopper but Dish charges too much for it.
I wish there's a cheaper way to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)