Full 2 hopper integration coming?

No telling if/when this will happen. If it does, I hope that they give the option to put it back the way it was. I personally prefer not having to wade through 3 DVRs of stuff at once.

I agree, I hope if they do integrate it there's still a "share between them but keep the lists separate" option. I know my wife would HATE having to wade through my recordings. I'll admit I haven't experimented much with folders yet, that might help...

Is there an easier way for the Joeys to view recordings on different Hoppers other than unlinking from one and linking to another?
Dale

makman said:
Do those of you who like it as it is ever find you have used up all your tuners on 1 hopper? I was looking forward to the integrated system finding a free tuner on either machine.

Mitch

I just use my Joey to manage all the tuners. Also walking to each individual Hopper works.

strongtexan said:
Is there an easier way for the Joeys to view recordings on different Hoppers other than unlinking from one and linking to another?
Dale

Yes thru the drop down menu in your DVR menu.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

makman said:
That won't work for an unexpected conflict though.

It's not a conflict when they're on separate Hoppers? Just manage the conflicts on each individual machine.

Granted it may not happen often, but sometimes there may be something such as an extra new episode one week. If that series is recorded on a hopper that doesn't have a free tuner when the extra episode occurs, it will not be recorded. If you are not aware of it in advance you can't fix it.

Do those of you who like it as it is ever find you have used up all your tuners on 1 hopper? I was looking forward to the integrated system finding a free tuner on either machine.

Mitch

With my two Hopper/one Joey set up, I don't. Works out well, though I don't think that would be the case if I had one hopper/two joeys. Since I can access Prime time Anytime from either Hopper, that frees up a tuner

makman said:
Granted it may not happen often, but sometimes there may be something such as an extra new episode one week. If that series is recorded on a hopper that doesn't have a free tuner when the extra episode occurs, it will not be recorded. If you are not aware of it in advance you can't fix it.

I always look ahead about a week to manage the conflicts. I would probably end up with more conflicts if the tuners were integrated. Keeps things simple just managing 3 tuners at a time.

Yes, choose DVR, then next to the right of My Recordings you will see Pull Down where you can select your Hoppers or External Hard Drive. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes, choose DVR, then next to the right of My Recordings you will see Pull Down where you can select your Hoppers or External Hard Drive. :)

On my Joeys DVR menu, the only options are My Recordings, My Folders, and Edit All.
Dale

So does that mean I can see an EHD on our Hopper in the living room from the Hopper in our Bedroom? What I want to do is put an EHD in the living room(easier setup and plug in)but be able to watch whats on it from our bedroom Hopper.

Gobucks said:
So does that mean I can see an EHD on our Hopper in the living room from the Hopper in our Bedroom? What I want to do is put an EHD in the living room(easier setup and plug in)but be able to watch whats on it from our bedroom Hopper.

One hopper can't see an EHD that's on another hopper.

There's absolutely room for improvement with how they integrate currently. For example, if you're in a folder on Hopper 2 and click "cancel", it kicks you out and back into the root folder of hopper one, causing you to have to select Hopper 2 and go back into it.. also, how about a whole-home PTAT folder? Chances are, a customer is only going to have PTAT going on one hopper. Network the feature. I have PTAT running on my master bedroom hopper but we watch it from the living-room... it's kind of a PITA to flip hoppers and navigate folders each time we want to watch another PTAT recording.

Little things go a long way.

I can't believe those that think DISH should not progress with Hopper integration beyond what it is now. Walk to the other room to manage timers? Really? Suggest that managing conflicts on two seperate three tuner machines is easier than managing conflicts on one integrated 6 tuner system? Really?

That's not very "Let's watch TV" friendly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)