Adding Another Satellite to Spaun 411F

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`m using a Spaun 411F with my CoolSat 5k. I want to add a 5th satellite.
Does Spaun make a switch with 5 or 6 inputs (1 output)?? Are there other options??

8x1 diseqc switch

or you can get an ecoda 22k switch which will pass diseqc commands. I have 8 LNB's on one receiver with 2 4x1 diseqcs and a ecoda 22k switch (see signature)

Thanks for the replies. To be sure I`m clear on Ice`s message, I`d need a second 411F and an ecoda 22kHz switch. I know where to get the second 411 but don`t know about the switch. Is there a recommended model number??
Now, how would I wire this?? AND how to set this up on my CS5k??

i think if your just adding a 5th lnb and none are universals then the encoda 22k switch would work ....

you shouldn't need another switch untill you need to add more than that 5th lnb

encoda 22k switch ---- on ----411f---4 lnb's
----off ---5th lnb

or any old 22k would work fine...just put that on one port (say port 4) and then add the 2 LNB's

ecoda switch

The two posts above are really great.
They'll get you that 5th bird, which is all you asked for.

But if do decide to add a second 4-port diseqc switch and need that Ecoda, here's a recent thread where it's discussed, along with where to get it.

Of course, all this relies on your use of Standard LNBs
I seem to keep gravitating toward Universals. :(

Thanks for the replies. My lnbs are DPs except for one which is an old DTV which I had to use for fitup with the support on my 1M Winegard dish.
Can I get arecommendation on a vendor and part number fo rthe Encoda?
Anole: I`m unable to locate the link you referred to in your reply.

Last edited:
Thanks Anole, I got your information. I had missed the link in post #7 but now have reviewed the post. I may use the Spaun switch that is referenced in the link. I am partial to Spaun as I don`t like having to get up on my roof and my Spaun DiSeq has been excellent.

There are several Spaun 22kHz switches in their catalog. There`s the SUR 210F, 220F & 212F. I`m wanting to order the correct one but don`t know which is the proper one for my application as outlined in my Post #1.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)