Adding another TV question.

If you record a lot of things on the same days, you should.

I started with your exact setup, 1 hopper 2 joeys. I ended up having a ton of DVR conflicts with the wife since I had programs that were scheduled to record during her favorite shows.

I ended up getting a hopper for myself(no joeys) and another for the wife + 1 joey for the bedroom connected to her hopper. We haven't had a single conflict...yet :D

In your case get another hopper and put it like this if you want to keep your system balanced.
Hopper + Joey
Hopper + Joey

Contact DIRT with your account number and security pin and ask them about your options, note that if you take an offer you will probably have to sign a 2 year agreement.

4 TVs should almost always have 2 Hoppers unless one or two of the TVs are never in use.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I started with your exact setup, 1 hopper 2 joeys. I ended up having a ton of DVR conflicts with the wife since I had programs that were scheduled to record during her favorite shows.

I ended up getting a hopper for myself(no joeys) and another for the wife + 1 joey for the bedroom connected to her hopper. We haven't had a single conflict...yet :D

In your case get another hopper and put it like this if you want to keep your system balanced.
Hopper + Joey
Hopper + Joey

Contact DIRT with your account number and security pin and ask them about your options, note that if you take an offer you will probably have to sign a 2 year agreement.

Thanks. With your hopper are you able to see anything that your wife recorded on her hopper and Joey?

Hopper + Joey
Hopper + Joey

DIRT is telling me I can't have 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. How were you able to do this?

DIRT is telling me I can't have 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. How were you able to do this?

Ask to have your work order set up so your final product will have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. When the tech arrives, decline to install the second joey. Do realize, you may get pushback for even a 2H/2J system. Folks here, I know, are "power users", and the company does feel that anybody with 1-4 televisions needs a maximum of 1 hopper on the account. For most people (allegedly), they won't use all three tuners at once. I know that's not the case, though. The percentage of people who really want/need two Hoppers with 4 televisions or less is pretty small, but it's serious business for them (you).

Do it. 2 hoppers is definitely better. Even better than that, if you want to check that your sat feeds to hopper locations are 3Ghz capable, you'll make an installer happy too....just saying

Ask to have your work order set up so your final product will have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. When the tech arrives, decline to install the second joey. Do realize, you may get pushback for even a 2H/2J system. Folks here, I know, are "power users", and the company does feel that anybody with 1-4 televisions needs a maximum of 1 hopper on the account. For most people (allegedly), they won't use all three tuners at once. I know that's not the case, though. The percentage of people who really want/need two Hoppers with 4 televisions or less is pretty small, but it's serious business for them (you).

How does the company feel about 4 Hoppers for 5 TVs? lol.

Thanks. With your hopper are you able to see anything that your wife recorded on her hopper and Joey?

Took me a bit to get back to you, like Halo said, ask for 2 hoppers and 2 joeys, when the tech arrives tell him you don't want it(if they insist for whatever reason, keep it and then call CS to return it, they will send you a prepaid box)

I first started with 1 hopper and 2 joeys, when I had conflicts I made another service appointment for a tech to bring out a second hopper and take one of the joeys with him. Don't give up on this, its a bit of trouble but well worth it.

My wife is happy and when I'm in the bedroom I can access my recordings from her hopper without a problem :)

Will Dish restrict you if you buy the 2nd Hopper? That would be an option if the OP has the finances to go that route.

They shouldn't but depending on what kind of customer you are (A preferred) Dish can give you everything free. I didn't even lay a dime on my upgrade(not even for the tech visits) All because I signed another 2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)