Adding/changing equipment

gwhitelover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Delaware, Diamond STATE
Hi,

I want to add a 5th tuner or change the way my one 622 is currently. When originally installed a year ago, I only had two HD TVs and one regular TV. One TV had two tuners, while the other two have a single running off the same box.

But now, I just replaced the regular TV with a larger HD TV and would like to view HD programming there.

I have the following:

61.5, 110, 119 feeds
2-Vip 622s (each connected with a one coax cable in the floor)

Diagnosic screen says: DPP Twin, Twin (1), Twin (2), Dual (3)

From that information, can you tell if my current setup has a switch installed? I completely understand if I were to add a 5th tuner, I would need to purchase a switch and the box myself.

If I were to keep everything I have now and just change the setup, is it possible for me to unplug the box and put in the room where the regular TV was located? While changing the room from SD to HD programming and HD to SD programming in the old room.

Since the weather in the north east is below freezing, I am attempting to not go below the house because guess what? Its a crawl space and I do not get around very well.

I hope someone can help me. I am about to pull my hair out. I looked throughout Dish Network's website, downloaded everything, read it and still have no clue.

A DPP Twin has a switch built in and you would need a DPP44 switch to add another receiver. Best suggestion is call DISH and get a price for what you want to do. No you can't just move the receiver and reconnect the cables.

A DPP Twin has a switch built in and you would need a DPP44 switch to add another receiver. Best suggestion is call DISH and get a price for what you want to do. No you can't just move the receiver and reconnect the cables.

Thankyou both for getting back to me. Is there anyway I could do it myself? Dish just passes me onto a retailer and I am still waiting for them to get back to me from even before christmas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)