adding CW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

old rat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
I currently have the distant networks and am wondering about adding the CW to my distants. I get a 721 message at the channel. Is there a problem adding this to my other distant channels? Could I lose them? Please only an informed answer and not one of " I guess so ". thanks and Merry Christmas.

I currently have the distant networks and am wondering about adding the CW to my distants. I get a 721 message at the channel. Is there a problem adding this to my other distant channels? Could I lose them? Please only an informed answer and not one of " I guess so ". thanks and Merry Christmas.

First of all, are you talking of adding them over the sat ?
If so, does D* have the CW available in your area ?

CW is not available everywhere yet, nor are all local channels, normally it's the Big 4 and PBS has been talked about being added, CW is available in some market now, but you didn't say where you are.

Jimbo

You can call and ask to have it added if you have the other distant nets. If they decide you are eligible,you will pay 1.50 a month for CW out of Baltimore.

do we actually have any csr's here? because its obvious that I cannot get a straight answer here so far. since my CW is cable based only, I should qualify for the Baltimore feed. However, I don't want to lose what I have now, which is my current east and west coast feeds.

and again, IF YOU DON"T KNOW DON'T ANSWER.

too many guys have lost too much, like their east and west coast feeds, when they were given flippant answers from "experts" who didn't really know any thing that they were speaking about.

do we actually have any csr's here? because its obvious that I cannot get a straight answer here so far. since my CW is cable based only, I should qualify for the Baltimore feed. However, I don't want to lose what I have now, which is my current east and west coast feeds.

and again, IF YOU DON"T KNOW DON'T ANSWER.

too many guys have lost too much, like their east and west coast feeds, when they were given flippant answers from "experts" who didn't really know any thing that they were speaking about.

Why did you ask if you didn't want anyones opinion.
If you think your entitled to your EAST and WEST national feeds, if your not in the LA or NY you should not be able to get them either, obviously you can get your locals thru cable, then they are also available OTA, therefore you should not have the National locals.
You want a CSR CALL THEM.
Your asking for something that you have already told us was available by cable only.
Go back to cable.

JIMBO

you wonder why more people don't post here, well there is your answer.

thank you for your wonderful sweetness and kind words. and your deep consideration. Its no wonder why other forums get more traffic when you get such fine help. I used to come here all the time. but now it's rarely for more then a minute and I very seldom post.

all in part to the fine, helpful, understanding posters like this fine fellow from Ohio.

First a complaint about the so-called "experts", but then ask if a CSR can help. Wow.

The CW is only given on a per-market basis. If DirecTV offers local channels and the area doesn't have a CW station, it is added to that market.

The CW is not available by itself for purchase, so you cannot get the CW as a distant feed.

+1

oldrat - we could also help you a LOT more, if you would tell us WHERE you live, (even a zip would help) so we would know WHAT DMA you are in... ;) ;) But GB is correct, though - if you do NOT get local channels in your market now, you can't get the CW.

First a complaint about the so-called "experts", but then ask if a CSR can help. Wow.

The CW is only given on a per-market basis. If DirecTV offers local channels and the area doesn't have a CW station, it is added to that market.

The CW is not available by itself for purchase, so you cannot get the CW as a distant feed.

I am able to purchase the CW as a distant feed.

I am able to purchase the CW as a distant feed.

I also got it as distant feed. On the "distant net" page All I had to do was to put the zip code then it showed I have all four nets plus PBs and CW! A simple phone call and request for waiver and it was added within minutes.

But you aren't a CSR, so you are no help! :)

The reality is that asking for a CW feed is Russian roulette. If you can get it, fine, but NO ONE will write in stone that you can get without losing your distant feeds.

One of the main issues is if DirecTV actually provides your market's local channels. That is what triggers requal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts