Adding Eastern arc 77 to 1000.2 dish

Nova

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Illinois
Can I use a old Direct TV single lnb (bsna4-202b LNB) and use it to connect to the dish 1000.2 ( 110;119;129) input port, in order to receive my HD LOCALS (West Central IL, QUAD CITIES) on 77W.

After I do the switch test and rescan satellites. Do I need to contact DISH to make this 77W active.

If the Direct tv dish wont work, what other options do I have. I do not want the 1000.4, I have a small window just to get 77W.

My two dish setup will be about 50 apart.

I do have a old dish 500 with two single lnbs.

No. You'll need Dish equipment. I think you could use a 500 for 77 and input it to the 1000.2, but I'll leave it to others to explain. I think that port 4 is for input.

Thought I read that the older Direct tv lnb's were compatible with dish since they had no internal switch.

Yes the 1000.2 does have three lines out for receivers and one port in for adding additional dish.

I want 110;119;129; and 77. 129 does not have my HD LOCALS

Yes you can use the directv dish, but you need a dish pro lnb to combine with the 1000.2. The dishpro lnb is designed for a D shaped lnb mount while most 18" Directv dishes today are designed for a rectangular shaped mount. Some of the older 18" Hughes Directv Dishes came with the D shaped mounts, but if yours is rectangular, my suggestion would be a Dish500 with a dp single or dual lnb.

What do you need off of 77°?

Thought I read that the older Direct tv lnb's were compatible with dish since they had no internal switch.

They are, but not with the Dishpro switching that is built into your 1000.2. If you were using legacy dish switching "SW21, SW21X, SW42, SW44, or SW64" the Directv LNB would work Fine. DishPro stacks the odd and even transponders on the cable at the same time while Directv and Legacy Dish lnbs give you one or the other based upon the voltage sent to the lnb from the receiver/switch. 13V returns odd transponders while 18V gives you the even transponders.

Get a 500 dish, single or dual lnb, skew at 90, elevation at wherever the 77 comes in at (id probably GUESS around 40) ...peak that sucker in, tie it into the far right port of that k2, check switch and shezzzzzzam! As long as you are subscribed to your locals, no need to contact dish. After you run your check switch, you will read 110/119/129/77

Mikeisthedishguy is not the dish guy. Really, I have no clue what he is talking about. I haven't done a 77 "wing dish" (as what you are doing is called) but I have done several 61.5 wing dishes before.

What you are trying to do is no different that bringing in any other single orbital.

Thanks to all, this is a great helping site.
I will try and aim my 119 LNBF dish 500, skewed @ 90 and see what happens.
Thats tomorrow>>>

Nova,
With a dish 1000.2, add a dish pro single or dual to input 4 of dish 1000.2 and run check switch. As before mentioned, you can use a dish or direct tv dish. The direct tv dish must be the D tube type. If already subscribed to locals, you wil get 77 locals after check switch. this is the setup I use.

ajg1950 said:
Nova,
With a dish 1000.2, add a dish pro single or dual to input 4 of dish 1000.2 and run check switch. As before mentioned, you can use a dish or direct tv dish. The direct tv dish must be the D tube type. If already subscribed to locals, you wil get 77 locals after check switch. this is the setup I use.

Read what I wrote.

Frank,
Picked up a used BIRDOG ver4 USB PLUS, it has Dishnentwork satellites on it. I checked my current 1000.2 and all came in 100% Q. I am aming a old DTV single LNBF @ 40.7 UP 160 swing as per dishpointer site. The Birdog does not see this FOUND untill I am DUE SOUTH. and of course it not the right satellite. So I went on BIRDOG site and found out that 77W has a new file for aiming it in. I downloaded it as well as the 110;119;129 Dishpro settings. I can get 72.7W locked in but still no go on 77W which is 1 degree up and 6 degrees west. Any ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts