Edision Adding / Editing Transponders

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Is it possible to add new or edit existing transponders on the Edision using the remote? All previous sat receivers have had this capability. With 5G, there are lots of changes to tp frequencies so it would be nice to update tp data so you can still use the predefined transponder scans.

Another feature previous sat receivers have had is the capability to add and store in the receiver new transponders so you can check them regularly to see if they are available to scan in. On Edision, I can manually configure a tp but I must enter it each time I want to check for it.

I'll check out DreamSet. I've been learning DreamboxEdit. I learned a tough lesson this week by wiping out my favourites list since I ftped one time too many. But I learned something.

Using the remote for a quick add or edit is pretty convenient if available.

Reactions: c-spand
Likely the wrong username/password combo

I can get logged in and make and save changes but I always get some kind of error message. I haven't used the app in a long time so I can't give you specifics. elbandido suggested using an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) editor to make changes. I don't remember which one he recommended. I wish WebIF had a better editor especially for renaming services. I found a manual way of editing the bouquets but it's a hassle to do it that way.

Never had a problem with dreamboxedit here. I learned to use it in about twenty minutes. I could never get dreamset to work for adding the Mood channels on 103. When I sent the dreamset file back to my Azbox it would never save the PCR pid. Here is a thread about it. Post 29 shows a screenshot using dreamboxedit for the seventies channel.

Catamount

Reactions: c-spand
Reactions: catamount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts