Status
Please reply by conversation.

polgyver

Creative Tinkerer
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 21, 2010
Toronto
Trying to find other ways to utilize Dish Turbo for FTA (97W) without shifting out the cluster bar I got an idea to try to place an extra LNB ABOVE the cluster. Of course, adding extra LNB is more feasible by attaching it on the same level with the existing ones, but sometimes the weirdness of technical solution is tempting... Elevation had to be changed, from 36 degree, to 41. But the reception was possible, with rather optimistic parameters (S-Q 90-70) shown by my new GeosatPro. With raised dish, I suspected that top of the cluster with added LNB would obscure the bottom of this dish. Indeed, this was the case, as shown by using light of Sun when it was at altitude of 36 degree; for this I had to move the dish around its vertical pole, to the West, at proper time. My neighbour's tree was an obstacle, but the Wind helped a little, by moving the branches. Seems that the shadow cast on dish by the cluster and LNB was not taking too much of the dish's surface. IMG_0007.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0016.JPG

Always interesting to see what you come up with. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.